Super Contributor

How long should you be kept waiting by your stylist?

Hi everyone, I finally found a stylist that does a great job with my hair. I always make an appointment in advance even though the shop encourages walk ins. Well, last time I arrived 10 minutes early and the receptionist said "you are early, she is working on someone else". I said I know, no problem I'll just wait. So 2:30 came and went which was my appointment time. At 2:40 the stylist said to me I'll be with you in a couple of minutes. I saw she went over to someone else in a chair so I said to the receptionist, is she taking someone else, I had a 2:30 appointment. Receptionist said no she is finishing someone else. Well, at about 3:05 stylist finally came over and said she was ready. She said sorry to keep you waiting and I said next time please text me or call me, I only live 5 minutes away and if you are running late, I'll go home first (I went there right from work). She said well your appointment was 2:45, I didn't think I was doing too bad. I said no, it was 2:30 and I showed her the appointment card. She kind of apologized but acted sort of funny about it. Do you think she owed me a more substantial apology? I didn't want to make a big deal about it because I do like the way she does my hair, but after all, an appointment is an appointment!