Honored Contributor

Re: How long does a blow dryer last for you?

[ Edited ]

I've had my BaBlyiss for at least 10 years. That's longer than any other brand I've ever owned.

Honored Contributor

If some of you have one that has lasted a very long time, with daily use, if you could state the brand, that might be helpful to others.  

I've already ordered another Babylis dryer.  I like the way they work for me and they're lightweight and quiet.  

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I've had my BaBlyiss for at least 10 years. That's longer than any other brand I've ever owned.

Thanks. I must be hard on dryers!   I ordered the pro model this time....what my current stylist uses.  It seemed extra quiet when she used it on me.  

Respected Contributor

I bought a Chi in 2008 and it's still going strong.  I use it 3 times a week for about 15 min each time.  And I used to use it to dry my dogs after a bath.

Valued Contributor

I have very thick hair and I will say that I have had hair dryers last for just a few months to about 5 yrs. There is nothing about the price or where I bought it that will make a difference. 

Honored Contributor

@september wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

Thanks. I must be hard on dryers!   I ordered the pro model this time....what my current stylist uses.  It seemed extra quiet when she used it on me.  

@september 

I have the BaByliss Pro Nano. It's small and super lightweight...has powerful air and good heat. I need  small and lightweight so I can hold it with my arthritic hands.

Honored Contributor

I have air dried my hair now for about 6 years since retiring . Do not even know exactly where my blow drier is!  

Trusted Contributor

I air  dry my hair for about 10-15 minutes, then use my Conair hairdryer for about 10 minutes. It is about 15 years old.  I clean the filter often.

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

This is what I have and pre-covid I used it 6 days a week for 20min a day! I think I'm on my 6th or 7th year but I am currently only using it 20min, 2 times a week, so I cut it a break this year Ha!

Honored Contributor

@september 

My 20 year old is a Conair .... I don't remember what the name of the one is that I left at my folks' place. Also from the drugstore.