Respected Contributor

Re: How long does a blow dryer last for you?

@september wrote:

With daily use, for about 15 minutes, any blow dryer I've ever purchased has lasted for about three years.  Price doesn't make a difference.  

What usually happens is, I initially smell a burnt odor for several days before the motor "dies". With my latest one, I gave up on it a few days after smelling this odor.   I didn't feel it was safe to use anymore.  I do clean out the filter area often.  

I ordered a new one today and will use the one from my guest bathroom until it arrives. 

You might want to use a microfiber hair wrap to get some of the water out of your hair and that would decrease your time. You must have alot of heavy hair.

I have a Drybar Buttercup that I have had for over 6 years I am guessing and its a champ.  I also updated to the Dyson so time will tell how long that puppy lasts.  

Honored Contributor

@Sunnycorle    I use one....it's the first thing I reach for when I step out of the shower.  

My hair dryer deliveries for today seem to both be delayed...we have had high winds and power outages all day ☹️

Valued Contributor

I had a Sedu hair dryer that lasted over 6 years. I lugged it on many business trips when I was in consulting and it worked great even after I dropped it on the bathroom floor. It was replaced by another Sedu eventually that I still own.

Respected Contributor

@september I own 2 blow dryers and can count on one hand the times I have used either one.  I own a Conair & T3 but prefer to air dry as my hair responds better all Natural since being diagnosed with Hashimotos, dry skin and brittle hair.

Honored Contributor

@Boomernichols wrote:

@september I own 2 blow dryers and can count on one hand the times I have used either one.  I own a Conair & T3 but prefer to air dry as my hair responds better all Natural since being diagnosed with Hashimotos, dry skin and brittle hair.

@Boomernichols  good that this is working for you.  Like you, I now own a Conair and a more expensive dryer.  I'm going to be alternating between the two over the next week or so, and figure out what works best for me.  

I don't like to blow dry for a long time, so I'd say the one that gets it done quickest is going to be my pick. 

Valued Contributor

I have fine hair.  I blow dry about every other day. The blow dryers I use (regardless of price) last about two years.