Respected Contributor

Re: How long do you wear your nails to?

I don't like long nails. I especially don't like the long pointed claw look.

I keep my nails fairly short. They grow fairly fast so I clip them when it gets difficult to type/text.

I love to polish my nails. The only colors I avoid are black, yellow and orange.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Glad redconvertiblegirl posted photo. This is the length of mine. Nails grow fast so I file and maintain twice a week and keep polished with a top coat. Color of polish depends on season of the year, but polish is getting lighter and lighter.    

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

I cannot stand anything getting under my nails so I like them short.  I wonder how women are able to do anything with those extensions they wear that are pointed.  I do not see the apeal.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I don't like long nails at all so I keep mine short.  I also get a regualr mani every two weeks.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I keep mine short because I am around grandbabies and little ones....don’t want to scratch them. I use clear or nude polish and wear bright color on my toes.  I seldom wear colored nail polish on my fingernails...too high maintenance.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Very short (like a little girl's) and with nothing on them.

Better for my nails. plus they don't get in the way when I'm on my laptop or doing anything else.

Honored Contributor

I now keep mine finger tip length now.

Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

I now keep mine finger tip length now.

@ECBG, I think it was you who asked about nail care products recently and I told you about the Dr. Dana Nail Renewel System.

here are my nails. no polish. just conditioned and buffed using the Dr. Dana products.

fullsizeoutput_29c7.jpeg

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Trusted Contributor

i have acrylics i get them done every 2 weeks and i always keep them short. keep them square, but with rounded edges. if they get too long they get in the way. I use my hands all the time at work. I work in retail.

Honored Contributor

Since becoming a grandmother, I keep mine short.  Which is crazy because when my kids were young I let them grow long and painted them daily sometimes!

Now I clip them weekly, as soon as I see growth.  I have long nails beds, so even this short they do seem long.

I almost always have polish on and the polish seems to last much longer because they are short.

One tiny chip and off it goes!