Honored Contributor

Re: How long do you wear your nails to?

@MariotaMurielle wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

I now keep mine finger tip length now.

@ECBG, I think it was you who asked about nail care products recently and I told you about the Dr. Dana Nail Renewel System.

here are my nails. no polish. just conditioned and buffed using the Dr. Dana products.

fullsizeoutput_29c7.jpeg

@MariotaMurielle Thank you.  I was looking for a good cream for cuticles.  I wear OPI polish and stay with the blue based reds and pinks.

Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG, the glycolic acid pen and the conditioning oil pen in this kit are the best I've found to keep my cuticles in great shape.

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

@MariotaMurielle wrote:

@ECBG, the glycolic acid pen and the conditioning oil pen in this kit are the best I've found to keep my cuticles in great shape.

@MariotaMurielle Thank you!  I LOVE your quote!!!!!

Honored Contributor

Mine grow quickly so I find myself tearing them off.  I like them short because I use my hands, work in a hospital and don't want to blind my dog.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor

I keep them trimmed just to the end of the finger.  I only paint them for special occasions.  Polish ruins my nails and does not stay on.  

Honored Contributor

I have a free edge to my nails but they aren't super long.  I do have an acrylic overlay on my natural nails.  I have horribly thin nails that will split and rip.  I also have very small nail beds so if I don't have any free edge, they look like little kids nails.  On top of all that, even gel polish won't stay on my natural nails.

My nails are always polished but I do not do nail art on them.  It's not my thing. 

Honored Contributor

I wear mine short.  I work in IT, so I use a keyboard all day every day.

B2977D75-A93E-46DD-8871-C6C4C425DB71.jpeg

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Trusted Contributor

About 1/4" beyond the fingertips. I polish them, usually in a neutral or clear polish.

dee

@qualitygal wrote:

I just trimmed my nails down because it hurts if they get bent the wrong way.

So, I wondered how long do you let your nails grow to?

Do you decorate them?