Respected Contributor

Re: How long do you wait for your hairdresser

@Quinny wrote:

I have never waited for my hair stylist.  I arrive about five minutes before my appointment, get a robe, change in the dressing room and she is always ready for me to sit down.  It's a delight! 

Wow I have never been to a salon that has you put on a robe and change clothes in a dressing room to color/cut my hair!  Never knew places even did that.

Respected Contributor

In my opinion, a pattern of lateness is quite different from “stuff happens”. If someone is late all the time, there is obviously a scheduling problem.  

I dont expect the world to revolve around me but I also don’t expect to be continually treated like my time doesn’t matter. For me, that is unacceptable.

Honored Contributor

If it's the first appointment of the day and she's late, it's because she was late for work.  If it's later in the day, it very well may be because other clients were late for their appointment or they requested something they weren't scheduled for or what they were having done took longer or their was a problem of some sort.

I used to go to what was considered a high end salon for my area.  The place was expensive (again for our area) and it was very hard to get into. Oftentimes the only appointment I could get was at 5:00 p.m. which meant I had to leave work about 10 minutes early. 

One time I got there and waited 35 minutes.  She sent the receptionist to explain that there as an issue with an earlier appointment, she apologized and would be with me shortly.  Okay.  Then another time it was 50 minutes with the same excuse.  I told her that I was leaving work early and would appreciate a heads up if she is running behind and I will just show up later.  It's not like they don't have my number.  When a third time I was told she was running an hour behind, I left and never went back.