Esteemed Contributor

Re: How long do you wait for your hairdresser

I'll wait 15 minutes at the most for her....she's generally always within 5 minutes, and that's not an issue for me. I show up on time, and I expect that she'll do her best to make sure she's on time as well. It's a matter of mutural respect.

Trusted Contributor

Never had to wait.  Always ready for me. 

Respected Contributor

I can understand that doing hair may not be exact with timing and if I have to wait a few minutes it is okay but if it becomes a pattern of long waits I am finding someone else.  I hate it when they fit you in (when you have an appt.) while someone is getting color etc. and they are in a big hurry to get yours cut before they have to wash off the dye on the other.  That happened last time and I have not gone back.  She really messed up my hair in her hurry.  I felt the other lady was willing me to get out of there before her hair was overprocessed.  

Honored Contributor

Punctuality is simply good manners, which includes thoughtfulness of other’s time. If I have a 9am appt., then I expect of myself to be there 10 minutes prior & my hairdresser, nail tech, esthetician, etc. to be there on time. I switched estheticians a few years back because my prior one was consistently late (she didn’t start out that way), & the last appt., stood me up altogether.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@Deanie wrote:

There is a thread that was started regarding workmen and being on time for home improvements. It started me thinking.  I ask who and how long someone would wait for their hairdresser or nail tech. My story is that my hairdresser, to whom I had been going to for over a year, was becoming consistently late. After the first time, I questioned the manager as to whether or not I had the correct time due to the fact I had switched my appointment. It was 20 minutes at that point. Yes, according to the manager I did have the correct time. However, he must have said something to the hairdresser because she was very piqued when coming downstairs to greet me. And, then she asked why I was annoyed. What??? When she was late the next two times, over 15 to 20 minutes, I decided that maybe this was just not a good fit and changed to a different person in the same salon.So, how long does anyone else give for their hairdresser or nail tech to be late? .

@Deanie  I’ll wait 20-30 minutes as long as she’s willing to give me my full appt. time w/o rushing through to her next client. I inquire before sitting at her station. If she’s short on time, I reschedule.

Respected Contributor

Very rarely, I might have to wait 5 minutes.

Honored Contributor

I used to get my hair cut by a wonderful hairdresser. BUT she changed her hours to only work on Saturday. Well, it did not matter when I would schedule my appointmentm she was always late. I know she was trying to squeze everyone in on Saturday.

I understood. But I also had to work on Saturdays. And I did not learn my schedule for work until 2 weeks before. So it was tough to know when to schedule the hair appointment. I had to schedule the hair appointment at least 6 weeks ahead of time.

After a few times sitting for almost an hour, I decided it was time to move on. Still looking for a hairdresser that I like.

Respected Contributor

Certainly a rare occasion is acceptable but not on a regular basis. Besides we are paying for the service so the stylist needs to respect our time also. Another thing too is this would totally throw of the stylist's schedule. Years ago I was going to a guy who was an excellent stylist and was always extremely busy. He would come in almost 40 minutes late. The problem was he was the owner. Well I put up with that for too long and then said that's enough. 

Trusted Contributor

I have never waited for my hair stylist.  I arrive about five minutes before my appointment, get a robe, change in the dressing room and she is always ready for me to sit down.  It's a delight! 

Respected Contributor

Heck I have had them keep me waiting 45mins!  I dumped the owner of a salon that did this...told her straight up after it happened several times and I always booked her as the 1st appt of the day!  The lobby would be backed up with several of us all waiting on her due to her getting in 35mins or more late to even begin the day.

I began seeing her assistant in training back then instead....never looked backed in same salon and she is still messed up being late as far as I can tell and she owns the place!