Regular Contributor

How long do Wen gallons last? Think my almost 3 year old went bad.

I have a question for Wen 613 users.   I have a gallon of 613 

1. and just took it out to refill "a bottle. It is over 2 years old.  The color is a tan color ......I don't remember it being that color.  It smells okay but the color  is definitely different than I recall.  Thoughts?   Would you use?
Honored Contributor

Re: How long do Wen gallons last? Think my almost 3 year old went bad.

The 613 does have a beigey tint.  I believe it's from the vanilla bean.  Chaz has said before that he's used years old prototypes and they've been fine.  I think you're OK.

Trusted Contributor

It is a vanilla color.

Respected Contributor

I am not a person who uses any kind of "old" product.  Anything sitting that long changes in composition.  Any type of skin product, make up, or body products, just toss.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, @pggoody, my big bottle of 613 is also used for refilling a smaller bottle. I just refilled last week and it was a light tan color. It was opened in spring 2015 and is still fine. Color, texture, fragrance all the same as in 2015. Works the same too.

Regular Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch@kjae  Thanks.  I bought too many  gallons a few years ago and have several other bottles of various scents. I try to rotate. The 613 color seemed a little darker than the  bottle in my shower.  I'll  continue to use. Thanks. 

Super Contributor

I can't answer you about 613 but I had a bottle of Wen that I found in the back of my closet and decided it was older and should use it before I opened something newer. I opened it and it was completely water.  Even shaking it didn't help.  So as long as it's still a thick cream, it's probably still good.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The rule of thumb for most cosmetic liquids, including poos, conditioners, skin cleansers and liquid makeup, is about two years after opening. Of course, you be the judge of this. If it smells, feels and looks fine then I would use it.