Honored Contributor

How long can you go with out washing your hair

I am going to preface with satying I have had the flu and pneunomia. In the hopstual from 12-31 to 1-8

I had my hair washed at the salon on Dec 20 and unfortunaltely that was the last time it was washed.

I am not trying to sound gross, but right now recovery is more important.

Its funny my hair still looks reasonable and I am brushing it and spraying it with a condioner spray

Wow you never know what you can do until you are faced tieht it/

Of course hair washing is not an earth shattering thing but it was previously so important.

It is amazing how priorites change.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

Re: How long can you go with out washing your hair

I am so sorry that you were sick. I hope you have a complete and speedy recovery.

My hair is like a grease pit.  I have to wash it everyday or else it looks like I have conditioner in it that needs to be rinsed out.  It actually looks wet by day #2. The absolute longest time I can go is washing it is every other day...which I have done when my leg was in a cast.

i often wonder what would happen if I was in the hospital and couldn't wash it.  I have a bottle of waterless shampoo on hard for emergencies.  I got it from a beauty supply house. i think Sally has it also. It is called Nilaqua.  You rub it in and towel it off..no rinsing.  I works very well.  Do do have to dry your hair afterwards.

If your hair doesn't look bad, i wouldn't worry about it now.  Get better first.

Esteemed Contributor

So sorry for your illness and happy you are on the mend.  Have you tried dry shampoo? Spray it on and brush it through. And the heck with the hair, take good care of yourself

Honored Contributor

Most importantly @I am still oxox, feel better really soon. Secondly, since I no longer color my hair, it's been dryer and I only wash it every 3 or 4 days. I just run conditioner through it the other days when I bathe or shower. I do use dry shampoo sometimes in between. It's great for styling "less than clean" hair. It gives some texture, too. Have you ever tried it?

Valued Contributor

I can go 2 days and while my hairdresser says most people like 2nd day hair, not me.  I like my hair the best the day I wash it.  I don't even use product on my hair, maybe just on the ends (hair is long), but still, it looks greasy to me after sleeping on it 2 nights.

Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox 

Hope you're feeling better.

💚🌿💛🌼

Respected Contributor

I can go five (5) days with Batiste Dry Shampoo...no other works this well.  Available at Ulta & Walmart.

Batiste 6.73 fl oz Dry Shampoo by Batiste Original

Feel better soon~!

Honored Contributor

I wash my hair every day. On a VERY rare occasion, I can skip one day. Like I skipped only one day last year. 

My hair is very short (Jamie Lee Curtis short) and it looks horrible, and won't lay right, if I don't wash it.  You can look at me and tell I didn't wash it. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

About 24 hours. I do not know if I could go longer. If I had to I would,but I do not know.

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@I am still oxox You've had to deal with a lot, so I'm glad to hear you're on the mend.  When I was younger I had oily hair and used to have to wash 3-4 times a week.  Now that I'm older, I can stretch it to a week, but really would do best every 5 days.

I have the Philosophy dry spray champoo in the Amazing Grace scent.  This stuff is the best dry shampoo I've ever had.  Sometimes, even if my hair isn't very oily, it doesn't smell so great after a few days; so I spray some of it on there, and problem solved!  My hair feels and smells clean, and it doesn't leave my hair looking dull like most other dry shampoos.  It actually adds a little shine to it!

My biggest problem with not washing for awhile is the itchy scalp!

Laura loves cats!