Super Contributor

Re: How is your face supposed to feel after using a cleansing oil?

Well, that turned out funkier than planned. {#emotions_dlg.scared}

Honored Contributor

On 7/8/2014 F1wild said:

Well, that turned out funkier than planned. {#emotions_dlg.scared}

LOL...I wonder how that happened?

Respected Contributor

Tonight I waited until I showered until I cleansed with the oil. I washed my hair to give the steam some time to open things up, dampened my face, used 4 pumps of oil (it is a small pump), scrubbed, used my Clarisonic (then washed the brush because makeup was all over it), used a bit of facial soap by Shea Moisture (just my hands rubbed over the bar a few times), and rinsed. It is nice and moisturized, clean and smooth. I didn't get any makeup off when I toned and my face still feels moisturized. I'm about to be PMSing, so any breakout i gets will probably be due to the hormones and not the oil. I've already got two, so it is the hormones. Thanks ladies!

Respected Contributor

I just got my Shea Terra Argan and Rosemary Cleansing Oil in today and jumped into the shower to repeat the above steps. They both have performed about the same, but the Shea Terra has a strong rosemary scent while the Fleur de Lis does not have much of a smell. The rosemary is strong, but I like it because it is relaxing to me, like eucalyptus, and opens my head up. Those that are sensitive to smells do not need the Shea Terra and should get the Fleur de Lis; mine is supposed to be gardenia scent but I don't get that from it but it is available in unscented unlike the Shea Terra. I plan on switching between the two of them for now. I hope it keeps my acne at bay as I'm about to go off my hormones to see if it caused my weight gain; I'm talking about serious prolonged use piggybacking them without a cycle due to endometriosis. I'm glad the kids are away at this time! Now to get rid of the hubby for a fishing trip....