Respected Contributor

How is your face supposed to feel after using a cleansing oil?

OK. I ordered Fleur de Lis Camilla Oil and got it today, so I went right to the bathroom and removed my day's makeup. I put a few pumps on my fingers, massaged it into my face, added a bit of water, massaged again, and wiped off with tissue and then toned. I got a bit of makeup on the cotton pad when I toned, but that is expected when I used a new substance. It really took it all off onto the tissue. My face feels moisturized, smoothed, and cleaned. I'm just not used to it feeling so without moisturizer being put on. I really think this will be great for my eczema.

Do you have any tips and techniques to using your cleansing oil? I've read where you dampen your skin, then apply the oil, add a bit of water and massage away. Any other thought so I can try them?

Honored Contributor

Re: How is your face supposed to feel after using a cleansing oil?

Yes, a good cleansing oil should make your skin feel soft and supple, not dry and/or tight. So it sounds like the product was a good fit for your skin!

Respected Contributor

I have tried two cleansing oils - Tatcha and Bare Minerals.

They both say to put it on your DRY face, then rinse off. They do feel nice.

I rinse them off. I have never just used a tissue to take a cleanser off.

Hyacinth

Honored Contributor

On 7/7/2014 hyacinth003 said:

I have tried two cleansing oils - Tatcha and Bare Minerals.

They both say to put it on your DRY face, then rinse off. They do feel nice.

I rinse them off. I have never just used a tissue to take a cleanser off.

Hyacinth

I agree. The cleansing oils I've used I always apply to dry face, add a splash or two of water to create a milky consistency and massage in and rinse off. Some get makeup off better than others.

Respected Contributor

I have Josie's Argon Cleansing Oil. I apply it like I saw demonstrated on Youtube. First I put the oil in my hands, then pat it all over my dry face. Then I have a warm wrung out wash cloth which I pat over my face. I wash out the wash cloth, wring it out again and then lightly go over my face again. Yes, your face feels soft and smooth.
Respected Contributor

On 7/7/2014 chessylady said: I have Josie's Argon Cleansing Oil. I apply it like I saw demonstrated on Youtube. First I put the oil in my hands, then pat it all over my dry face. Then I have a warm wrung out wash cloth which I pat over my face. I wash out the wash cloth, wring it out again and then lightly go over my face again. Yes, your face feels soft and smooth.

Ooohh! I like the idea of hot, steamy goodness after a long day. I usually do that in the shower since I'm in there anyway, but I do like to take my makeup off when I get home and wash work away!

Thanks for the ideas ladies! These all sound great. I will try it in the shower as well since I don't like to splash water everywhere in the bathroom sink. I guess I could do it over the tub, but then the rest of me might get it all over too! The steamy shower may loosen the pores up, then do the oil with a hot cloth while the shower beats down on my muscles, and then rinse off. I know I can make time for that kind of a cleansing routine. I do pray this works well and I don't break out from the oil. I'm still skeptical that oil will work and not clog my pores, but so many of you say it won't do that, so I've got to have a bit of faith in your experiences as well! Thanks for sharing all of your great tips and techniques!

Honored Contributor

That is a good suggestion by Chessylady. I do something similar occasionally- in the shower, I apply the oil to my dry face then get my muslin cloth wet with hot water and lay over my face for a little bit, then gently remove the cleansing oil with the muslin cloth. I love Josie's dual sided muslin cloth for this occasion, since it keeps the heat in longer than a regular washcloth or muslin cloth so it helps steam the face a little, opening up the pores and also helping the good oils to penetrate better into the skin for extra softening.

Honored Contributor

These days I'm doing a double cleanse. The first one, I take 1-2 pumps of cleansing oil (Dr. Young's), rub my hands together and apply to a dry face, massage it around, add a little water, massage a little more, remove everything with a warm, wrung out, white washcloth. The second cleanse, I follow pretty much the same beginning steps, but then use a Foreo Luna Mini to massage my face. Follow up with the warm washcloth. My face feels clean, but soft. Proceed to the toning step and remainder of routine.

Honored Contributor

On 7/7/2014 tigriss said:

OK. I ordered Fleur de Lis Camilla Oil and got it today, so I went right to the bathroom and removed my day's makeup. I put a few pumps on my fingers, massaged it into my face, added a bit of water, massaged again, and wiped off with tissue and then toned. I got a bit of makeup on the cotton pad when I toned, but that is expected when I used a new substance. It really took it all off onto the tissue. My face feels moisturized, smoothed, and cleaned. I'm just not used to it feeling so without moisturizer being put on. I really think this will be great for my eczema.

Do you have any tips and techniques to using your cleansing oil? I've read where you dampen your skin, then apply the oil, add a bit of water and massage away. Any other thought so I can try them?

Follow the instructions on your particular oil, would be my number 1 tip. The Josie Maran argan cleansing oil took on a sticky tar-like feel if I used damp fingers or put it on a damp face. It needed bone dry skin to work and a LOT of water to do a final massage and rinse or it was like tar.

I use a hot, wet cloth to gently hold all over my face after I massage the oil in to let it really get int and break up all the oil and dirt on my skin. After that, I wipe it all off.

Super Contributor

These are the directions on the ncn website. She states they are not her discovery; she merely reprints them for people's use.

Oil Cleansing Method

Oil Cleansing Method Instructions:

1. Wash and dry your hands. Pour a quarter-sized amount of oil into your palm, rub your hands together, and slowly massage your skin with your fingertips. Apply the oil to dry skin that has not been wet first. Gently work the oil into your skin for at least 1 minute.

2. Next, wet your microfiber cleansing cloth or a washcloth with hot water (as hot as you can stand) and hold it on your face until it cools a bit. Repeat this three times using the same side of your microfiber cloth or washcloth. This is steaming out your pores, removing the impurities and the dead skin cells.

3. Wipe off the oil. Take your microfiber cloth or washcloth, rinse with hot water, wring it out and using the other side of it, gently wipe off the oil.