Contributor

How is the new Rice Based BGT compared to Fig

I currently use my first rinse with Fig and my second with 613. I have tried Tea Tree and do not like it. I was thinking about trying the BGT. For those of you who haven't had success with Tea Tree but have with Fig and 613, how did you like the BGT? Thanks a bunch! I appreciate all the helpful comments Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Re: How is the new Rice Based BGT compared to Fig

Fig is very moisturizing. BGT isn't very moisturizing at all but I still use it since I love the scent. BGT actually tends to be a bit drying for many who use Wen. I would suggest that you take the recommender on the Chaz Dean site. (Chazdean.com). This will give you an idea of what formulas are best for your hair type.

Frequent Contributor

On 2/26/2015 susan25 said:

Fig is very moisturizing. BGT isn't very moisturizing at all but I still use it since I love the scent. BGT actually tends to be a bit drying for many who use Wen. I would suggest that you take the recommender on the Chaz Dean site. (Chazdean.com). This will give you an idea of what formulas are best for your hair type.

The recommender on Chaz's site is a good start but you have to remember that what it recommends for you may not be a good fit for your hair as not all hair is the same nor reacts the same way. I've been using Wen for a few years and when i tested the recommender (just to see what it would come up with, already knowing what which ones work well for me and which ones don't) it recommended formulas that I knew don't work at all for my hair. It came up with Cucumber Aloe and Lavendar - my hair HATES those (Lavendar dries the crud out of my hair, Cucumber Aloe doesn't clean my hair at all). The best thing to do is to get one of the kits that have the small bottles/packets of different formulas. That way you can try them out - without committing to bigger bottles - and find out which one(s) your hair likes best. Here are a good set you could try: A222871 (you'll need to pick the VARIETY option).

Contributor

Thank you both very much for your responses. Im def going to get the sample pack. I didn't know that option existed. I know I love fig and 613. Tea tree was awful for my hair. Im excited to try the others. Thanks again!
Esteemed Contributor

If BGT is a little drying at certain times for me, I add a pump or two of 6/13 to it. It works perfectly for me then.

Honored Contributor

I absolutely can't use Bamboo Green Tea on its own. It leaves my hair dry and disappointing. I am currently mixing it with Fig and Fall Tuscan Pear just to use it up, but I won't reorder it.

My hair is dry, wavy, frizz-prone, and color-treated. I don't heat style and rarely use a blow dryer. I normally use Fig with Tea Tree, Fig alone, or the winter seasonals. I use 613 a few times a month. I can't use most core formulas unless I use them on conjunction with Fig for the moisture.

New Contributor

well if you wait little longer....you can have the rice based conditioner with fig

Honored Contributor

They aren't comparable products on my hair. BGT has the extra aminos which my hair doesn't like too often. I could use fig every cleanse if I wanted to.
Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

FIG is moisturizing. BGT is not.

Contributor

On 2/27/2015 Shriqvc said:

well if you wait little longer....you can have the rice based conditioner with fig

This is interesting. I wonder if this new Italian Fig is just as moisturizing as the current fig formula. Thanks for posting. I appreciate it. Also, thank you to everyone for your responses. It def sounds like BGT is not the formula for me.