Super Contributor

How in the world can I see the recent threads I've commented on??

I admit...I don't come here very often since the new boards were implemented.  I have commented on some threads, but for the life of me, I can't see all of them!!  When I click

on my name, I see posts from way back and then at the bottom, I can see a few of the threads I've commented on...not all of them.  I just can't seem to figure out this new board!

Someone please help!!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: How in the world can I see the recent threads I've commented on??

@crush

http://community.qvc.com/t5/forums/recentpostspage/post-type/message/user-id/33599

is your link to find your own old posts. I suggest bookmarking it in your browser, tablet, and phone so you can find your old posts.

Here is the original thread that discusses how to find your old posts courtesy debc.

http://community.qvc.com/t5/Q-Talk/Search-your-own-posts/m-p/1870043

Trusted Contributor

Previously Posted:

This has been posted by a number of posters, so I will choose one. It was by SuzyQ3 (with some edits - hope that is OK @suzyQ3:

"Most of us miss being able to see our activity. It was always the first place I looked when logging on.

We don't have that feature right now, but there is a very simple way to replicate it:

1. At the top right-hand side of each page is the search function. In that bar, type in your nic.

2. Then to the bar to the right of that one, use the drop-down menu and choose "users." Click on GO.

3. You should then get a page on which you'll find your nic with information about you. Don't click on your nic. DO click on the word "posts" associated your nic (it is where you see the number of posts you have). That will take you to your activity (posts you've written and threads you've started).

4.Then using your computer browser, bookmark that page. This makes it easier than having to do steps 1-3 everytime."

I Discovered That I Can Be Myself Without the Sky Falling In
Esteemed Contributor

The one thing that can be a problem with searching for an individual nickname is that QVC's software isn't that discerning, especially if your nickname is a common word or part of a common word. My own nickname pulled up about 150 nicknames and I had to search for my own by plowing through the list.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@TY wrote:

The one thing that can be a problem with searching for an individual nickname is that QVC's software isn't that discerning, especially if your nickname is a common word or part of a common word. My own nickname pulled up about 150 nicknames and I had to search for my own by plowing through the list.

-------------------------------------------

@TY, I just tried your nic and, WOW, I have never seen that before! That's why it is a good idea in your case to do it once and save this to your bookmark/favorites, so you never have to do this again.

I Discovered That I Can Be Myself Without the Sky Falling In
Esteemed Contributor

@Adelina wrote:

@TY wrote:

-------------------------------------------

@TY, I just tried your nic and, WOW, I have never seen that before! That's why it is a good idea in your case to do it once and save this to your bookmark/favorites, so you never have to do this again.

Yup, and that's one feature that should have been implemented from the start -- the ability to see all of your old posts. That's how I communicate with others here, I look at the messages that I've posted and not just the discussions I've started. I don't start many discussions but I do reply to many of them.

The shortcut to find all of your old posts is to mouse over your name or avatar to see the numbers at the end of the URL that represents your user ID, then edit the URL string at the end with someone else's user ID number in order to easily find your old posts.

My old posts URL is:

http://community.qvc.com/t5/forums/recentpostspage/post-type/message/user-id/35074

as my user ID is 35074. That is also a different number than the ID I had in the old boards.

so to find someone else's old posts, I would change the end of the URL and replace the 35074 with a different number. Your user ID number is 192155 so to find your older posts the URL would be:

http://community.qvc.com/t5/forums/recentpostspage/post-type/message/user-id/192155

Super Contributor

Thank you...I just did it, and it worked.  At first, I didn't do it exactly as explained, and I still couldn't see some of my posts.  After doing it CORRECTLY, I found them!!

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks everyone...especially Adelina for the reposted steps!!

Respected Contributor

I bookmarked my posts in Favorites on my iPad so there is an icon on the screen I can click on.