Trusted Contributor

Re: How has HSN changed since the merger with QVC?

Good question sueinsf. I just made a dummy order with 4 Beauty Blenders and shipping wasn't half off for each additional item! Oh no! HSN is becoming QVC. I so wish it was the other way around. ( I like QVC but they are stingy with discounts).

A friend in need is a friend indeed.
Respected Contributor

One thing that hasn't changed at HSN is the show hosts are so professional.

Honored Contributor

I also noticed when Perlier was on recently--no free shipping and no shipping discount on multiple Perlier orders.  So, HSN has has changed and not for the better.  Disappointed.

Esteemed Contributor

Shipping is a big revenue stream for QVC and with HSN losing money, HSN is implementing those shipping charges so that they have a better revenue stream too.

Who said mergers were good for the customers? Nobody!

Respected Contributor

I used to use the free shipping with $99 of fashion. I noticed limited free shipping on Lancome items. Origami storage  also used to ship free and TS the other  day was not free. More and more like Q. No more second item half price shipping as mentioned. Looking into other shopping options. 

Respected Contributor

@sann wrote:

One thing that hasn't changed at HSN is the show hosts are so professional.

@sann  So true!!

Give me the calm HSN hosts over the loud, screeching, cackling, hyperactive  hosts on QVC.

Whatever happened to coming out and just selling the product? I don't need to hear all about your personal life (kids, dogs, vacations) especially when that takes time away from giving product details. I could do without all the gushing and hero worship of certain vendors - tt's truly cringe worthy. Stop the hugging and kissing of vendors; who does that in the business world? 

Trusted Contributor

I can't even imagine the conference calls, and the face to face meetings that must be going on about this merger, and what to do.  

One thing for sure, it took them no time at all to change those shipping charges.  Must have been one of the first bullets on the first power point slide. Smiley LOL

We haven't seen nothing yet.

Esteemed Contributor

I agree -- the first change I noticed is that HSN no longer has as much free shipping as it used to.  I order Naturalizer shoes from HSN and always got free shipping in the past.

I enjoy the "calm" of HSN hosts.  I sure hope that doesn't change.  

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

@MarkeieMark wrote:

I can't even imagine the conference calls, and the face to face meetings that must be going on about this merger, and what to do.  

One thing for sure, it took them no time at all to change those shipping charges.  Must have been one of the first bullets on the first power point slideSmiley LOL

We haven't seen nothing yet.

@MarkeieMark Smiley LOLSmiley LOLSmiley LOL:Smiley LOLSmiley LOLSmiley LOL

OMG......so true!!!!!  

Respected Contributor

The reduction of free shipping was a given with the merger which is a shame. The free shipping and coupons made HSN distinct from QVC. They need to keep their individuality instead of becoming Q3.