Trusted Contributor

How has HSN changed since the merger with QVC?

I've noticed that shoes no longer have free shipping. Well, some of them do but it was so nice knowing that any pair you bought would have free shipping. Does any one know if SSC is being phased out? I cannot believe they may be considering dropping that brand--it's been so profitable for over 20 years. According to the HSN forums, Jennifer Flavin-Stallone gave a farewell message that sounded like she didn't know when and if they were ever coming backing last time she was presenting. Are any other brands leaving? 

A friend in need is a friend indeed.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: How has HSN changed since the merger with QVC?

Oh no - I hope they don't phast out Serious Skin Care! I do like that line a lot and used it over the years. What they should do is get rid of Signature Club A! Adrienne's products seem outdated to me and I've not had luck with that line. 

Respected Contributor

@JBKO wrote:

I've noticed that shoes no longer have free shipping. Well, some of them do but it was so nice knowing that any pair you bought would have free shipping. Does any one know if SSC is being phased out? I cannot believe they may be considering dropping that brand--it's been so profitable for over 20 years. According to the HSN forums, Jennifer Flavin-Stallone gave a farewell message that sounded like she didn't know when and if they were ever coming backing last time she was presenting. Are any other brands leaving? 

Yes, I've heard the same rumor - that SSC is being dropped.

I don't shop all that much with HSN, so the only thing I really noticed was that the Patricia Nash handbags no longer have free shipping. Her bags always had free shipping when she was on Evine and HSN. Those days are gone!  

I posted an article about a week or so ago about the changes coming to QVC and HSN. You will find it under Changes to QVC and HSN under Q TALK. 

Very interesting article.

Honored Contributor

About a week ago, Serious John posted on his FB page.  It was a photo that said Where in the World is Serious Skincare and then he went on to post that they will have a big announcement very soon. 

He said to keep checking his FB page and the Serious Skincare FB page. 

Honored Contributor

@JBKO wrote:

@JBKO  I’ve seen the cross over of brands. D&B was a Q only line...now on HSN. Certain skincare that lost favor on Q is now given another shot there.

Honored Contributor

@Effie54 wrote:

Oh no - I hope they don't phast out Serious Skin Care! I do like that line a lot and used it over the years. What they should do is get rid of Signature Club A! Adrienne's products seem outdated to me and I've not had luck with that line. 

@Effie54  Can’t listen to Adrienne for 5 minutes. Would love to see her and SG in a “talk off”.

Respected Contributor

@JBKO @Effie54 @Lipstickdiva @Shanus

Just checked SSC on Facebook. Ths was posted three hours ago:

So you all know - we are not announcing a departure from anywhere - we are excited about what is happening with Serious Skincare in September! First, an amazing Labor Day savings event - and on Tuesday - we will be able to officially offer our NEW Take2 Bouncy Gel Facial Cream!

We are excited about our site-wide Labor Day event - 25% off everything - plus .99 cent shipping.

So, I assume that the big sale is on their own (SSC) website? Because no shows are listed this weekend for SSC on HSN.

Honored Contributor

@lmt, that is exclusively on the SSC website.

But I don't think that was the big announcement Serious John was talking about.  When he posted to stay tuned for the big announcement coming soon, he said that in the meantime, we can shop on the website and that September will have loads of specials. 

Esteemed Contributor

Serious Skincare may have been linked to HSN for 20 years, but apparently the past few haven't met the numbers HSN management wants.  The number of shows per year has been on the decline for a few years now and over the past two years I don't recall seeing the brand on more than four visits for each year.  During the hot days of SSC they were on every month.  

Adrienne's number of visits is less than in the past, but she is still on every 6 to 8 weeks. Evidently her customers are still shopping enough to satisfy HSN's sales expectation.     

Respected Contributor

I feel like there has been less free shipping since the merger.  Plus, are they still doing buy more and save where you get half off on shipping for all beauty, clothing, etc purchased??