Frequent Contributor

Re: How has HSN changed since the merger with QVC?

It'll be rough, but she'll just have to live on what Sly makes.

Regular Contributor

It will be interesting to see what happens in the new year when all push for holidays sales is over.  Since Oct both networks have been offering 5 or 6 flexpays on many and sometimes all items as well as more free shipping promos.

Behind the scences it is know that management is working to be more effecient, are consolidating warehouse/shipping locations and planning.  Joy Magnano's operation in NY is out as the planning staff can handle all that inhouse more cost effectively. Apparently there are certain strenghts within each network that they will try to make use of.

The parent company is trying to broaden out to grow sales on more online segments. The live television market is stagnent selling to an aging population. Younger people do not watch or buy that way. Change is inevitable. But it will be sad to see many beloved product lines dissapear.

Honored Contributor

Both channels are sure pushing easy pay/flex pay.  Shipping costs are higher at both sites.  HSN previously offered more free shipping especially when the vendor was appearing with their products.  I'm going to be shopping more on other websites that offer free shipping.  Also, so tired of the "hard sell."  QVC wasn't like that when I first starting purchasing (in the early 90's).  I don't see either channel getting a lot of younger shoppers to watch and buy.  The syles/products don't seem to be for them, plus I think they like to get out and shop/socialize.  I don't care for the "merger" at all.

Valued Contributor

Hsn has become more like Qvc with the high shipping costs.Hsn used to offer coupons.

I purchase most of my cosmetics at Ulta now.