Honored Contributor

Re: How does makeup shipping in this hot weather fare?

@SilleeMee wrote:

I think I would hesitate buying stuff that could melt.  My problem is receiving stuff that explodes or pops open from the pressure being released up here at high altitude....tg much of the stuff comes in ziplocs or have tape around the caps to keep them from popping off. But sometimes it's a real mess.

@SilleeMee   Many products with alcohol, other flammable ingredients, aerosols like hairspray, etc. will only ground ship or not be available by mail at all. Many “good” makeup lines & medical grade skincare purposely leave out harmful preservatives, so I tend to order those by mail and stock up in cooler months.

Trusted Contributor

@Nataliesgramma     As soon as you receive your package, unpack it and put it in the fridge to stop the possible melting. I would think an hour then you could test it. Good luck 🤞🏻

Super Contributor

Hot weather is not good for cosmetics shipped through USPS. Got the Tweak'd 2x dream stuff, which is a solid clay product. When I opened the jar it was total liquid and spilled all over the place! I usually put all cosmetics in the fridge before opening but I thought a clay product would be okay. What a mess. Usually don't order any creams in the summer unless it is a must have item.

Valued Contributor

ULTA is having an Urban Decay lip colour sale and I filled my cart, until I thought, nope, temps will be rising soon. Maybe a trip to the store is called for. I hate getting melted lip sticks.