Esteemed Contributor

How does makeup shipping in this hot weather fare?

I bought 3 different items from Laura Geller this week and now I am worried that maybe I shouldn't have......

one was 2 lipsticks....:-O

Honored Contributor

Re: How does makeup shipping in this hot weather fare?

When I order a beauty item from Nordstrom, it is always shipped UPS 2 day.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

Extreme heat or cold weather have and effect on makeup. It can freeze products and it can melt items.
Honored Contributor

I try not to purchase lipsticks or lip balm in the hot weather, for fear of them melting in transit.

Honored Contributor

I've never had a problem with makeup in cold or hot weather.  I received a stick makeup (from another retailer) last week when it was close to 100 degrees all week.  It arrived perfectly fine.  No melting.  It did ship 2 days after I ordered it online so it didn't sit somewhere for a long time.  

Respected Contributor

I ordered a lot of lipstick and lip glosses and have only had one issue and it was not with shipping. I believe the item was on the hot UPS truck all day and this was the cause of the melted lipstick. It's just a chance you take...with that being said I have limited my purchases of certain items during the summer months. 

Trusted Contributor

@Nataliesgramma 

I only had a problem ONE time with makeup delivered in the heat.  I ordered a kit from QVC that included a lipstick.  I was so excited to try it!  It broke off from the base because it was hot and melty.  I learned my lesson.  I just let my makeup "cool down" now before I try it.

Honored Contributor

I think I would hesitate buying stuff that could melt.  My problem is receiving stuff that explodes or pops open from the pressure being released up here at high altitude....tg much of the stuff comes in ziplocs or have tape around the caps to keep them from popping off. But sometimes it's a real mess.

Regular Contributor

When I had an Ulta order that contained lipstick coming on a day that I wouldn't be home until the evening, I checked with my mailman and arranged that he would put it into a cooler with ice packs that I had placed on my front porch. Of course, I left him a nice cold bottle of pop (soda) for him to enjoy as a little "thank you." My lipstick was in great condition.
Smile, it makes everyone wonder what you're up to!
Joined QVC boards long before the last two conversions!
Trusted Contributor

I just ordered a lipstick palette from ebay (Eve Pearl) and it arrived within a few days in 90+ degree heat. 

It sat in my mailbox for a few hours because I wasn't home.  When I opened it, it was completely intact.  The only thing I noticed was that each square of lipstick had little water beads all over it from the heat and humidity.  I left the compact opened for a few hours and then used it the next morning.  It was perfect!