Valued Contributor

How do you vote for the customer choice awards?

[ Edited ]

Not that I have any delusion that customer votes are what actually determines the receipient of these awards, but I can't even find where to vote online.  Its not on the home page, I searched in the search box with no avail, nothing if you go to the beautyIQ site....

Valued Contributor

Re: How do you vote for the customer choice awards?

you're right! I went on the Q's homepage and couldn't find where you could vote, so I went to Facebook because I remembered Doll 10 Beauty posting about the voting.

Here's the link

https://www.qvc.com/content/beauty/customer-choice-beauty-awards.html?cm_ven=FB&cm_cat=VENDOR&cm_pla...

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Tantallum Just curious.....why do you want to vote if "...not that I have any delusion that customer votes is what actually determines the recipient of these awards...." Or maybe you aren't going to vote, but just want to see which companies are listed. 

Inquiring minds want to know. Heart

Valued Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

@Tantallum Just curious.....why do you want to vote if "...not that I have any delusion that customer votes is what actually determines the recipient of these awards...." Or maybe you aren't going to vote, but just want to see which companies are listed. 

Inquiring minds want to know. Heart

I do just want to see what is listed!  I remember last year in some of the more esoteric categories, they had products that I had never ever seen on air (and I watch a LOT of qvc and beauty IQ).  They had a product in the hand cream category that I had never seen and had zero customer reviews....  tell me how that got to be a "customer choice" favorite!  and sure, I will probably vote too while I am at it.  Not that they ever would, but I wish they would tell us how many people voted.  Seems like they do not want people to vote since you have to hunt just to find where to do so. 

Another story about last year, Laura Geller was on selling something of hers and she let it slip that the product had won for that year.  Problem was, the voting was supposedly not even over yet!  I wonder how they do decide who 'wins'... 

Valued Contributor

ah and sure enough again this year!

For best hand cream it's Skinfix Set of 3 Hand Repair Creams--here's the kicker, if you search that right now on QVC, it doesn't even exist!!!

The only thing that comes up when you search for that product is a 4 piece skinfix kit that has one hand cream.

for best volumizing hair product, Mitch Stone texturizing spray.  Never heard of it, there is no video (which means it was never on air right) and just one review... 

what a joke.  The sad thing is, I bet some people are probably swayed when a product appears on air with the little beauty award next to it... 

Valued Contributor

I wish I could skip voting for the categories or items that I haven't used/purchased.

Honored Contributor

@MandyG06 I think you can skip categories that you don't use, etc.  I  voted even though  I think QVC actually chooses the winners to suit the items they want to promote.  Mally let something slip (on beauty channel) about the awards/her product, but she started giggling and covering her mouth so I didn't get exactly what she said.  (I voted because I was curious as to what was nominated.)

Honored Contributor

@MandyG06 You can skip categories. I did. There were items in some categories that I had not used, so I didn't vote for any of them. I think my vote was for about half of what was available in the total list.

Honored Contributor

@Tantallum Okay, now I understand. Yes, that definitely is weird and head-scratching if the items listed are not ones that have been on QVC or very iittle. And then very little or no reviews. 

Hmmmm.....

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tantallum wrote:

ah and sure enough again this year!

For best hand cream it's Skinfix Set of 3 Hand Repair Creams--here's the kicker, if you search that right now on QVC, it doesn't even exist!!!

The only thing that comes up when you search for that product is a 4 piece skinfix kit that has one hand cream.

for best volumizing hair product, Mitch Stone texturizing spray.  Never heard of it, there is no video (which means it was never on air right) and just one review... 

what a joke.  The sad thing is, I bet some people are probably swayed when a product appears on air with the little beauty award next to it... 

Is this the one, @Tantallum?

Item A289893
Skinfix Set of 3 Hand Repair Creams, 3 oz.”
2018 Customer Choice Beauty Award Nominee

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova