Esteemed Contributor

How do you use the Tatcha rice powder cleanser?

How do you use the Tatcha rice and enzyme cleansing powder?

I bought a travel size one from Sephora last year but never used it and so when I was watching QVC today they were selling the duo of the regular jar. I don't cleanse my face with oil to remove makeup, I usually use a micellar water on a cotton pad to remove makeup. But today I decided to wash my face with the powder cleanser mixed with water so that it was foamy but I don't think it cleaned my face very well and afterwards I still had makeup on my face when I used the Micellar water on a pad.

Maybe I should just use this powder cleanser occasionally because I didn't see a difference.

Honored Contributor

Re: How do you use the Tatcha rice powder cleanser?

@TY wrote:

How do you use the Tatcha rice and enzyme cleansing powder?

I bought a travel size one from Sephora last year but never used it and so when I was watching QVC today they were selling the duo of the regular jar. I don't cleanse my face with oil to remove makeup, I usually use a micellar water on a cotton pad to remove makeup. But today I decided to wash my face with the powder cleanser mixed with water so that it was foamy but I don't think it cleaned my face very well and afterwards I still had makeup on my face when I used the Micellar water on a pad.

Maybe I should just use this powder cleanser occasionally because I didn't see a difference.

@TY  The rice enzyme powder is an enzymatic exfoliator and face polish, not a cleanser.  I don't know if the vendor has changed her instructions, but when she first launched she instructed to use the cleansing oil at night at the rice enzyme powder in the morning.  

Respected Contributor

I actually use the rice powder at night after I cleanse my face.  I use it as a mild exfoliator, and then use my serum and moisturizer after.  I do it twice a week.   I wet my hand,  pour some of the rice powder in it and then make a very light paste and apply.  Don't rub hard or do it too long, esp in the beginning.  Even though you don't feel the harsh grains like some exfoliators,  it's doing a good job.  It also helps to reduce your pore size.

Esteemed Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@TY  The rice enzyme powder is an enzymatic exfoliator and face polish, not a cleanser.  I don't know if the vendor has changed her instructions, but when she first launched she instructed to use the cleansing oil at night at the rice enzyme powder in the morning.  

Initially, when Tatcha was launched, the rice powder was meant to be used as a 2nd step -- after her oil cleanse. Somewhere along the way, she realized (and I think she even said this...) that Western women were not used to 2-step cleansing. So then she suggested as JLF wrote.
@TY
You might try your Micellar water first, and then afterward, the rice powder.
Esteemed Contributor

@Harpa

@nyc1

@JeanLouiseFinch

Thanks for all of your suggestions about using the Tatcha rice powder. When I bought the small jar at Sephora in Las Vegas last year, I had watched QVC's presentations but not really paid attention to the product and that it was used as step 2 after an oil cleanse. When I watched the presentations the other day, the model was using it like a cleanser and they didn't mention that there was a step 1 involved.

I don't like using oil on my face as it can be oily in the T zone but I do use micellar water to remove makeup so I will try that first before I use the Tatcha rice powder.

Thanks again to everyone for your input!

Honored Contributor

@TY - I use the rice powder in the morning to "wake up" my face. I can't use anything really granular because of rosacea, so I use lots of water and a little bit of the powder. It makes a creamy light lather. I've been using rice powders for a long time! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

In the morning after my regular cleanse as a little "extra"...only once a week, however. During the summer, I may add it to my cleanser a few days a week. 

That's it for my skin.

Trusted Contributor

@TY the Enzyme polish is only a part of the Asian routine.  It was designed to be used on clean skin, not to remove makeup.

Vickie has demonstrated this process from the very first Q presentation.  If they haven't "up dated " the videos yet you might find a calm, informative clip from the most wonderful, calm, informative presentation on Beauty IQ a few days ago.  She is unpretentious , honest, brilliant IMO and her products - fabulous across the board!

Respected Contributor

Re: How do you use the Tatcha rice powder cleanser?ver

I have never used it when wearing makeup.

However, it does an excellent job of cleansing otherwise.  I have the indigo one, and after it gets really foamy, I think it cleanses well and feels pleasant.

Hyacinth