Respected Contributor

How do you use so many products?

I have been reading some of the posts here.

I find I can only use 3 products at a time without it balling up on my face. I don't use Perricone.

Do you think that so many products at once really reach your skin enough to work?

Just curious if someone has found a way to apply multiple products without making a mess!

Thanks,

Hyacinth {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Occasional Contributor

Re: How do you use so many products?

I think the secret is... You don't have to use every product every day. I use cold plasma, hyalo plasma, neuropeptide firming moisturizer, neuropeptide facial cream, and photo plasma. But I only use one product each day. I have oily/combination skin and cannot layer products if I want my powder foundations to apply well. I use lighter products in warmer months, heavier in winter. I feel like the products work better for me when I change it up regularly. I am 48 and I think my skin looks better now than it did 15 years ago! I started using Perricone about 2 years ago.
Valued Contributor

Alternating the products works great for me too and helps to keep them lasting longer. Some you will always go thru faster than others but the rotation of the products is recommended by Perricone as well.

Trusted Contributor

Remember, companies want you to use multiple products because the more products per customer they sell, the more money they make. Do what works best for you and take their recommendations with a grain of salt.
Honored Contributor

On 2/1/2015 RockChick said: I think the secret is... You don't have to use every product every day. I use cold plasma, hyalo plasma, neuropeptide firming moisturizer, neuropeptide facial cream, and photo plasma. But I only use one product each day. I have oily/combination skin and cannot layer products if I want my powder foundations to apply well. I use lighter products in warmer months, heavier in winter. I feel like the products work better for me when I change it up regularly. I am 48 and I think my skin looks better now than it did 15 years ago! I started using Perricone about 2 years ago.

ITA... RockChick... my skin looks best when I use "extra" products only every now and then. My "regulars" are good for my skin when used every day. The "extras" (such as -- for me -- C serum/eye cream/peptide cream I only use when having a "spa" day at home!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Contributor

What is that ""balling up"" thing anyway? I'm never sure if I've used too much moisturizer or if it's an exfoliation thing.

Valued Contributor

On 4/12/2015 sugarftmom said:

What is that ""balling up"" thing anyway? I'm never sure if I've used too much moisturizer or if it's an exfoliation thing.

I read it is because you need to wait for each product to be obsorbed
Contributor

Thanks. I knew someone here would know.

Frequent Contributor

On 4/12/2015 Persephonel said:
On 4/12/2015 sugarftmom said:

I read it is because you need to wait for each product to be obsorbed

Totally agree with you I usually wait about 10 minutes before adding an additional layer.

Contributor

On 1/17/2015 hyacinth003 said:

I have been reading some of the posts here.

I find I can only use 3 products at a time without it balling up on my face. I don't use Perricone.

Do you think that so many products at once really reach your skin enough to work?

Just curious if someone has found a way to apply multiple products without making a mess!

Thanks,

Hyacinth {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Your questions seems like you are asking in general. I have annual mole checks and my dermatologist feels that two anti-aging products are enough. He believes the two are Vitamin C ( a.m. ) and Retin-A ( p.m. ). I can't use Retin -A or have a desire to use it. He also favors glycolic ( AHA ) if Retin-A isn't an option. It's really counterintuitive to use multiple products at one time. It serves no purpose to apply layers as the first layer is the beneficial one to begin with. What all professionals agree on is a really good SPF of 30 or more.

By the way, I use Vitamin C in the a.m. ( topically ) every other day and glycolic in the p.m. Vitamin C can be used every other day and isn't necessary for every day. It remains in the skin up to 48 hours.