Reply
Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 11,610
Registered: ‎11-01-2010

Re: How do you store your Palettes?

I love seeing organized things! - Especially when they are mine. lol.. I love these ideas. 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,141
Registered: ‎04-19-2015

Re: How do you store your Palettes?

I store my in an organizer similar to this one. You can find this kind of organizer at any store. Nice ones are made of wood. Mine is a cheap one from Five Below-- made of cardboard, but works just fine, and it's less than five dollars.

3d66e157c30fd13c9c03cfe9a11108f0.jpg

Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 16,141
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: How do you store your Palettes?

[ Edited ]

I use this one from The Container Store to store my single Urban Decay eeyeshadow or the Lancôme single eyeshadows. Each divided area holds  3 shadows with the box of UD upright with color name showing or the 3 individuals behind each other. They are not jammed tightly together either.

https://www.containerstore.com/catalogimages/266039/10066983LuxeWideAcrylic12SectionDraw.jpg?width=1200

 

This one holds 12 lipsticks or 4 eyeliner pencils in each lipstick holder.

 https://images.containerstore.com/catalogimages/304181/AcrylicCosmeticsOrg8520G_1200.jpg?width=1200&height=1200&align=center

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 20,570
Registered: ‎06-13-2012

Re: How do you store your Palettes?

I love those acrylic organizers but why oh why do they have to be made out of clear acrylic all the time? I guess I'm the odd man out but I  really hate acrylic. I wish they'd make nice wood ones or even maybe a black plastic, even though that isn't much better. But otherwise, those are a good idea for holding palettes!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 11,610
Registered: ‎11-01-2010

Re: How do you store your Palettes?


@JustJazzmom wrote:

I use this one from The Container Store to store my single Urban Decay eeyeshadow or the Lancôme single eyeshadows. Each divided area holds  3 shadows with the box of UD upright with color name showing or the 3 individuals behind each other. They are not jammed tightly together either.

https://www.containerstore.com/catalogimages/266039/10066983LuxeWideAcrylic12SectionDraw.jpg?width=1200

 

This one holds 12 lipsticks or 4 eyeliner pencils in each lipstick holder.

 https://images.containerstore.com/catalogimages/304181/AcrylicCosmeticsOrg8520G_1200.jpg?width=1200&height=1200&align=center


@JustJazzmom 

 

I love the idea of using the lipstick holder for eyeliners! I wouldn't have thought of that. I don't have that many eyeliners but having them standing up so I could see which was which would be great. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 11,610
Registered: ‎11-01-2010

Re: How do you store your Palettes?


@HappyDaze wrote:

I love those acrylic organizers but why oh why do they have to be made out of clear acrylic all the time? I guess I'm the odd man out but I  really hate acrylic. I wish they'd make nice wood ones or even maybe a black plastic, even though that isn't much better. But otherwise, those are a good idea for holding palettes!


@HappyDaze

 

That is a good question. I know the one in my OP is supposed to come in colors but I think they are all clear colors. 

 

The clear works for me because my makeup vanity is glass & brushed steel. My other organizers (glasses, small spice shelves) are clear, too. My space is small and I figured this would keep it from looking even smaller. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 16,141
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: How do you store your Palettes?

@willdob3 That lipstick holder also has drilled around the center lipstick holder 4 holes for I guess lipstick pencils, but I use it for more eyeliner pencils.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Highlighted
Super Contributor
Posts: 411
Registered: ‎07-23-2014

Re: How do you store your Palettes?


@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@willdob3

 

Would never buy palettes for eyes, cheeks ...  whatever.   

 

I've found the 4 colors most flattering and that's all I use.   I've observed friends who buy them rarely end up using very much, and they are just more bathroom clutter.   Who needs that?   

 

Let's be honest .....   does any woman really need 85 different colors of eye shadow?    I doubt even Las Vegas show girls need that many shadows!    LOL             


I'm sorry, but I find this kind of post insulting.  Obviously no one NEEDS a bunch of eye shadow palettes, but why do you care if someone likes to collect them?  I cannot imagine only using 4 colors every day of my life, but if that works for you - great.  I might not understand it but I wouldn't "LOL" at you or insult you if that's what works for you.

 

Personally, I love eye shadow palettes as I can be creative and use a different combination every day depending what I'm wearing and how I'm feeling.  As far as an organizer, Home Goods/Marshalls/TJ Maxx usually have a good selection if you like the acrylic ones.  They also have a lot of good desk organizers that also would work well.  

 

For my makeup I ended up using a large jewelry chest that was one of the things I inherited when my mom died.  It has multiple drawers and compartments and ended up being great for all kinds of makeup.  She was fond of jewelry, I'm fond of cosmetics :-)

 

 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,045
Registered: ‎07-05-2012

Re: How do you store your Palettes?


@lkat wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@willdob3

 

Would never buy palettes for eyes, cheeks ...  whatever.   

 

I've found the 4 colors most flattering and that's all I use.   I've observed friends who buy them rarely end up using very much, and they are just more bathroom clutter.   Who needs that?   

 

Let's be honest .....   does any woman really need 85 different colors of eye shadow?    I doubt even Las Vegas show girls need that many shadows!    LOL             


I'm sorry, but I find this kind of post insulting.  Obviously no one NEEDS a bunch of eye shadow palettes, but why do you care if someone likes to collect them?  I cannot imagine only using 4 colors every day of my life, but if that works for you - great.  I might not understand it but I wouldn't "LOL" at you or insult you if that's what works for you.

 

Personally, I love eye shadow palettes as I can be creative and use a different combination every day depending what I'm wearing and how I'm feeling.  As far as an organizer, Home Goods/Marshalls/TJ Maxx usually have a good selection if you like the acrylic ones.  They also have a lot of good desk organizers that also would work well.  

 

For my makeup I ended up using a large jewelry chest that was one of the things I inherited when my mom died.  It has multiple drawers and compartments and ended up being great for all kinds of makeup.  She was fond of jewelry, I'm fond of cosmetics :-)

 

 


@lkat Right? I can't imagine how boring it would be to have to use the same 4 eye shadows for the rest of my life o.O Fortunately I'll never have to! Maybe I'm just lucky that my coloring and features are such that a lot of different shades and finishes look great on me! Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,835
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: How do you store your Palettes?

I have lots of makeup bags so in one I keep my shadows one I keep my blushes and one I keep my brushes and the others I color code my lipsticks and glosses so I have a makeup bag for pinks, corals and peach and then browns/nudes...........I find it is easier to keep them in makup bags that I love and are pretty and then I just grab the bag with the colors I need.