Respected Contributor

Re: How do you remove fragrance from your skin?

[ Edited ]

shopping.jpeg@Carolina925 thanks,  I will! 😊

I never hear of my current favorite summertime fragrance, DKNY Women, but it's a light, grapefruit, green scent on me and I love it. The only problem is that I've been wearing it for so long, I've become  "nose blind" to it, thus prompting my search for something new. Try it, it might just be what you're looking for!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi @Texasmouse ,

Another option to try besides rubbing alcohol would be perhaps baby wipes or disposable flush wipes.

I don't flush the flush wipes but I keep them by the bed when I'm having having a snack to freshen up my hands and they're also good for freshening up your skin, too.

My broken right foot is still healing and I'll use them to freshen up my arms and hands when I'm feeling really tired by my bed.

I've noticed that they have more of a bit of a stronger disinfecting and freshening-like quality. 

If you have some of those around, maybe you could try some of those on your skin to see if they might work at removing the fragrance scents.

Respected Contributor

@Toppers3 great idea, thanks! 😊

Respected Contributor

@Texasmouse , thanks, I will definitely try that!

Respected Contributor

@Carolina925 please come back and let me know what you think. 😊

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Texasmouse You're quite welcome Smiley Wink  Please let us know if any of the ideas helped!

I should've added to my previous message that even though I don't really wear fragrance these days, I used to wear Anais Anais (pron "anay anay"), which is a soft floral and would usually get a lot of compliments on it.  Some of the notes posted online include lilies, sandalwood, orange blossom, lily of the valley, rose, ylang-ylang, and jasmine.  I'd looked on amazon of which some customers mentioned purchasing it online and it having a different scent.  Perhaps buying such a fragrance may be done at a department store (if even, saving up one's money).  

Respected Contributor

@helping1 actually, vinegar followed by regular hand soap seemed to do the trick on the last sample. 😊

Regular Contributor

@Texasmouse I'm glad that you found something that worked for you!  The bar soap is usually more harsh than regular liquid hand soap, which had usually done the job for me for removing fragrance Smiley Wink  Great that you found a remedy though. 

Honored Contributor

@Texasmouse 

I don't have a suggestion but I absolutely love your siamese kitty😻😻😻.

Off topic but we recently had to say goodbye to our precious kitty and we've always had both blue & seal point siamese.  Spouse is wanting another so your sweet kitty caught my eye😸

Good luck finding the right perfume.  I gave up on that years ago thanks to allergies☹️

Honored Contributor

One has to remember that fragrance gets right down into the pores.  So I'm thinking a "soaking" of some sort might work.  Maybe a Biore pore strip?  Woman Happy