Esteemed Contributor

Re: How do you remove fragrance from your skin?

How about lemon soap - like the kind used when you are  handling garlic or onions

Honored Contributor

@Texasmouse    How about vinegar maybe the apple cider vinegar won't be as offensive and then use soap and water.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Perfume tests strips are a good option but most people don't usually keep those around so just use coffee filters, cut them up.

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee that's a good option for a substitute for fragrance strips but it doesn't allow me to see how a fragrance develops on my skin. I've smelled so many scents that I've loved on a strip (or on someone else) only to discover that it didn't mix well with my body chemistry and smelled completely different on me!

Respected Contributor

@skatting44 @Katcat1 good suggestions! Thanks! 😊

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@Texasmouse    How about vinegar maybe the apple cider vinegar won't be as offensive and then use soap and water.

@Katcat1  @Texasmouse   Have you tried hand sanitizer?

Respected Contributor

@Shanus the primary ingredient in hand sanitizer is alcohol  so I would think the results would be the same as using straight alcohol.  It would be worth a try though, if I had some on hand! Thanks for the suggestion. 😊

Regular Contributor

@Texasmouse Just to preface that I hardly wear fragrance these days from being allergic to various scents and chemicals.  However, when I used to wear fragrance and tried to get the smell off my wrists, for instance, I'd used bar soap (like dial), which may be stronger to perhaps help neutralize the scent.  

Respected Contributor

@helping1 thanks! 😊

Respected Contributor

Have you tried rubbing a cut lemon on your wrist? Maybe wash, rub lemon, wash again. Keep in mind that the scent will remain on the hairs in your nostrils so it may be a good thing to just take your time. I'm on a neverending search for a nice light citrusy summertime scent and the best I've come up with so far are some by Jo Malone. I tried a scent years ago that I loved, can't remember the name now or brand. My sister loved it on me so I got her a bottle and she said it smelled like bug spray on her Smiley Happy I learned then never to buy perfume for anyone! Good luck and please share the ones you like.