Esteemed Contributor

Re: How do you remove fragrance from your skin?

When I try several new fragrances., I just apply each to a small spot on the inside of a lower arm up to the inside elbow.  I don't think it has to be the wrist.  I would think you can put 4 on the inside of an unbandaged arm at a time.  Maybe 1 or 2 on the arm with the bandaged wrist if there is room.  I wouldn't try to remove the scent.  Whatever you do to achieve that may have an impact on the skin/scent you try next.  And you want to know how the scent behaves on your skin.  It may also be interesting to know how the scent changes as the day goes by.

Respected Contributor

@D Kay toothpaste might work too! Thanks 😊 Yes, I've had Light Blue before and enjoyed it!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@On It unfortunately, all of these are sprays. And some of them, I was barely able to get any product out because the sprayer wouldn't work. 😕

ETA I love fragrances with grapefruit! The one I'm currently using has grapefruit in it - DKNY Woman.

Respected Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe I guess I could try more than one fragrance at a time on my arm, I'd just.be afraid that the scents would co-mingle and I wouldn't get a true, unadulterated scent. Not only that, my old brain would probably have a hard time keeping them straight! 😄

Respected Contributor

@Texasmouse wrote:

@On It unfortunately, all of these are sprays. And some of them, I was barely able to get any product out because the sprayer wouldn't work. 😕

Spoiler
Spoiler

That's a bummer! It was a favorite trick of mine for years and years. All of the caps used to be removable, and it was such fun. The last time I tried that trick about 2/3 were spray. I don't even get offered samples any more. Of course I haven't been in that type of store in almost two years.

I think the Fresh Lemon Sugar is a winner. It is my very favorite light scent for summer.

Esteemed Contributor

@Texasmouse wrote:

@NYCLatinaMe I guess I could try more than one fragrance at a time on my arm, I'd just.be afraid that the scents would co-mingle and I wouldn't get a true, unadulterated scent. Not only that, my old brain would probably have a hard time keeping them straight! 😄

You can just write down the order that they are down the arm.  Just put a little bit, so they don't mingle.  Maybe just 3?  Your lower inside arm should be able to handle 3 separate fragrances.  If they are on for a good amount of time, you will get a sense of how they behave on the skin.  The toothpaste or vinegar or whatever might change the chemistry of your skin.

Respected Contributor

@On It I'm going to have to try that Lemon Sugar. Would you say it's more on the sweet side or the citrusy side?

Respected Contributor

@Texasmouse wrote:

@On It I'm going to have to try that Lemon Sugar. Would you say it's more on the sweet side or the citrusy side?

It is more lemon to me. I just asked my husband and he agreed. The sense of smell is a strange case.  Everyone's reaction to a fragrance is different, but I have several friends who really like it, too.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sorry, can't help with removal ideas. I would have suggested rubbing alcohol and it seems  that isn't a solution.

But a nice scent that might meet your preferences is Aliage, by Estee Lauderdale. It's particularly nice in summer. i find it light and citrus-y, lingers but isn't intrusive. I don't think it matters what age you are for this particular scent to be appealing and personal to you. You can readily find a sample to spritz at any Estée Lauder counter in a department store like Macy's. Or perhaps it's among your sample purchase. 

Plenty of information about its scent profile, pricing, and user reviews

(Did you know:  the degree to which a perfume lingers in the air when worn is called sillage.)

Respected Contributor

@gizmogal another one to try! Thanks for the suggestion. 😊 (and yes, I did know what sillage is 😉)