Respected Contributor

How do you keep your eyelids moisturized?

My eyelids are dry and crepey (though not overly wrinkled.) I find most eye creams are targeted for the orbital area and not necesarily for the delicate (and sometimes sensitive) skin from the crease down to the lash line. What do you use to keep the lid itself moisturized and smooth? Not looking for a primer but rather a daily or nightly moisturizing option.
Honored Contributor

Re: How do you keep your eyelids moisturized?

[ Edited ]

The first step in my skincare routine, after cleansing, is to use Tony Moly First Essence.  I put a tiny bit in my hand and add a couple of drops of Mizon Peptide Ampoule.  I tap and press that all over my face and some goes on my lids.  The Tony Moly and Mizon are all a liquid consistency and absorb well without migrating into the eye like a cream would.  

Esteemed Contributor

That really is a very good question.

I have no crepiness at all (never have) on the eyelids. They don't droop and they are not stained.

Several years ago, however, I noticed some dryness at my inner corners, and so started putting Alpha Hydrox Souffle there (and my other treatments) as well as on my face & neck. I always had placed it directly under my eye and at the outer corners. Now my inner corners are as smooth as everything else. I don't even have fine lines at all, and I am looking in a 10x mirror.

But on the eyelid. ? I am wondering if it somehow does migrate to my eyelids. I'm a bit over zealous with my eye area. I smooth on all my treatment things (vitamin C L-ascorbic acid & Souffle a.m./retinol p.m.) around my eyes (just not on the eyelids) & then moisturizer and then I tap in and press on extra eye serum & cream for that extra eye support.

I use Victoria Principal Reclaim serum & eye cream, and that's been a favorite for years. So, I wonder if this is what is helping? Because I do put it on my orbital bone, and bring it down to my eyelids.

If I had to treat crepiness on my eye lids, I would press on a smidge of the Souffle, and then to just keep the area moisturized with a cream.

But I don't know if you are used to using AHAs. Once I began using them, any fine lines left as well as any dry or rough textured areas. (Neck was sensitive to treat at first, but now it's no problem.)

Valued Contributor

Anything safe for the under eye skin is reasonably safe for the lid. Just dab a bit into and slightly below the crease. I use several prescription medicines on my eyelids morning and night to treat scaling. My lids are dry, too. Just a gentle dabbing pat of each. I use the same mess on a variety of rashes and as a supplement to my rosacea RXs on my face and torso. I don't use a separate eye moisturizer, I use Paula's choice all over, including my eyelids, day with SPF, and nighttime moisturizing. You might be more comfortable using a serum on your eyelid to start.
Honored Contributor

Perricone acyl glutithione for eyelid area!  Truely, this stuff works!  It is my HG of products!  All you use is an apple seed amount for BOTH lids and that is it.  The bottle lasts over 3 months.  Use it day or night.  I use both night and day, and am never without it.  JMHO

Honored Contributor

100% aloe vera gel, especially my fave which is made by "Fruit of the Earth".  I get the very-affordable large bottle with a pump.

I keep aloe around for just about everything that has to do with all of my skin, since it's moisturizing and healing.  Plus, it feels so cool and soothing going on.

Honored Contributor

I use a tiny bit of Vaseline on my lids and under my eyes at night. I have been doing this for a few years now.  My eye area gets dry due to allergy medicines.  In the past I tried lots of eye creams - too expensive and didn't do anything.  I also tried some oils, but they were a bit too runny for me and a few irritated my eyes.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@rac71 wrote:
Anything safe for the under eye skin is reasonably safe for the lid. Just dab a bit into and slightly below the crease. I use several prescription medicines on my eyelids morning and night to treat scaling. My lids are dry, too. Just a gentle dabbing pat of each. I use the same mess on a variety of rashes and as a supplement to my rosacea RXs on my face and torso. I don't use a separate eye moisturizer, I use Paula's choice all over, including my eyelids, day with SPF, and nighttime moisturizing. You might be more comfortable using a serum on your eyelid to start.

I agree.  It's silly marketing telling consumers that a product is safe for under, the outside corners and overthe lid, but not the eye lid.  I would not use a cream which claimed to be unsafe for my lids anywhere in my eye area.  I have always applied whatever my eye cream of the moment is on my lid.  At night  I dab the cream around my eye from under eye to outer corner to browbone and a last dab with what's left on my finger to the lid.  For daytime and prior to makeup I may skip the lids simply to allow the eye makeup to lay down better.  

FYI, the eye creams in my skincare arsenal presently are: Borghese's Advanced Spa Lift for Eyes (which I have purchased regularly for 20 years), Ole Henriksen's Ultimate Lift Eye Gel, and M.Asam's Vino Lift Eye Cream.  

Valued Contributor

I use Skinn Cosmetics Stem Rejen Elite eye serum AM/PM & can comfortably use it on my eyelids, up to my brow and even on my eyebrow/eyelashes at night. It's also fine during the day and has never made my eyeshadow or liner crease. You can find it on EvineLive.com or on eBay from sellers who sell their extras for cheap.

Frequent Contributor

Try Bobbie Brown hydrating eye cream. It's an amazing product that's made to be used all around your eyes, including on your eyelids!