Trusted Contributor

Re: How do you keep your eyebrows from sticking out?

Good thread.  I have the same issue, don't need waxing/ shaping, but once in a while a properly placed brow hair that I don't want to eliminate goes a bit haywire!  I have been dabbing a bit of vaseline on my brows when I remember - but will have to check out Ulta. 
Do the math.
Honored Contributor

I think I'd keep them meticulously trimmed, I'd go to the brow bar or have them done at my nail shop.  In between trims, I'd use a little pomade or vaseline.

Esteemed Contributor

I am going to try the chapstick.  At least my eyebrows won't get chapped  LOL

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee 

Sometimes I use Chapstick, sometimes a little dab of hair gel, sometimes I spray a spoolie with a little hairspray.  Whichever is closest at the time. They all work.

Honored Contributor

I have an eyebrow groomer.  My hairdresses used to trim them for me ... then she told me about this tool - battery operated, about the size and shape of a fountain pen, with a razer and comb-type attachment .  Jut pass it over your eyebrow and it trims all the unruly hairs.

I've had it a long time - got it at CVS.  Google "eyebrown trimmer"   Conaire makes one.

Honored Contributor

I have two, sometimes three, rebellious left eyebrow hairs that like to stick out and grow more than twice as long as all the others, and not only that, they have a slight wave to them. Inherited them from my dad, who has brows like a mad scientist. They actually make me smile every time I notice them starting to pop through because they remind me of my dad.

I just trim them with my hair trimming scissors. I would never pluck unless I wanted a bald patch there for some reason. Also, the formula in the brow pencil I use seems to provide a certain amount of neatness and control to the rest of brow area. I have a gel too, but the pencil is what I use most often.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Valued Contributor

I'm just jealous y'all have eyebrows!! Lucky you!! Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

I just trim them so they're not so long with manicure scissors. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@sissel wrote:

Read this somewhere but dab your finger in chap stick(the plain stick) and go over your brow. It works for me.

@sissel

Yep.  8)

And it's  even easier to apply it directly from a lip balm  tube.  Just buy one for brow use only.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

My brows are becoming more unruly the older I get. I've never had this problem before so I'm not sure what to do about it. They look ridiculous sticking out so I end up clipping them and then they get to looking thinner. I don't want thinner brows, just ones that don't stick out. Is there something I can put on them so they look more tame? TIAWoman Happy

@SilleeMee

Any hair growing out of your ears as well?  ;-)

If you use a cotton swab or old clean mascara brush to apply some castor oil at bedtime, it will help soften the hairs.