Honored Contributor

How do you keep your eyebrows from sticking out?

My brows are becoming more unruly the older I get. I've never had this problem before so I'm not sure what to do about it. They look ridiculous sticking out so I end up clipping them and then they get to looking thinner. I don't want thinner brows, just ones that don't stick out. Is there something I can put on them so they look more tame? TIAWoman Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: How do you keep your eyebrows from sticking out?

Brush them every night then use a small amount of Vaseline.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Regular Contributor

The only solution is to get them waxed. They won't be unruly if you have regular maintenance on them. Wherever you go just tell them not to make them pencil thin.

Respected Contributor

There are any number of brow tamers on the market now.

I like Anastasia Dip Brow because it is a pomade.

I just bought one from L'Oreal at Ulta, have not used it yet. I got the light to medium shade but saw they had a transparent one too. It has a small brush in the tube.

I also have a clear mascara from Sonja Kashuk that works well too.

Good Luck!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

@Winter Holiday wrote:

The only solution is to get them waxed. They won't be unruly if you have regular maintenance on them. Wherever you go just tell them not to make them pencil thin.

I don't need them shaped. I think they are fine the way they are shaped. Just need the hairs to lay down. 

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

OK, don't laugh....but this works and it's uber cheap!!

Just take a dry bar of soap (small square-ish ones work best --- like hotel bars!), dab a bit of water on the corner, and run the wet spot over your eyebrows.  Then quickly brush into place.  Stays all day until you wash your face at night.  (Just don't get caught in a rainstorm or forget and go swimming!!Woman LOL)

Honored Contributor

@Jacie wrote:

There are any number of brow tamers on the market now.

I like Anastasia Dip Brow because it is a pomade.

I just bought one from L'Oreal at Ulta, have not used it yet. I got the light to medium shade but saw they had a transparent one too. It has a small brush in the tube.

I also have a clear mascara from Sonja Kashuk that works well too.

Good Luck!

A brow tamer...that sounds like what I need. I'll look around for a clear one. Hope they aren't sticky or goopy.

Honored Contributor

I have the same problem and it drives me nuts!

While at Ulta I talked to the brow consultant, who recommended 'Anastasia Lash Genius

Clear Waterproof Topcoat' (made for eyelashes).

She said it needed to be 'waterproof' for the most control. It does work for mine, but I have to use more than one coat.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

My brows are becoming more unruly the older I get. I've never had this problem before so I'm not sure what to do about it. They look ridiculous sticking out so I end up clipping them and then they get to looking thinner. I don't want thinner brows, just ones that don't stick out. Is there something I can put on them so they look more tame? TIAWoman Happy

I doubt you can buy it anymore, but Bare mminerals had a powder to fill them in and then  a clear coat to brush on top.  I found it at Maceys a few years ago and bought 3 of them cause I didn't want to run out.  I bet that other companies sell something.  Good Luck.  

Honored Contributor

@forest4thetrees wrote:

OK, don't laugh....but this works and it's uber cheap!!

Just take a dry bar of soap (small square-ish ones work best --- like hotel bars!), dab a bit of water on the corner, and run the wet spot over your eyebrows.  Then quickly brush into place.  Stays all day until you wash your face at night.  (Just don't get caught in a rainstorm or forget and go swimming!!Woman LOL)

Interesting! I don't have a bar of soap in the house but I'll pick one up next time I'm out.