Super Contributor

How do you incorporate Alpha Hydrox AHA Souffle 12% Glycolic into your daily routine?

Do you use morning first layer on clean skin and then add your other moisture and sunscreen? Or what is your specific routine? And how often? When you first started, how often did you use it and did you work up to using it more often?

Super Contributor

Re: How do you incorporate Alpha Hydrox AHA Souffle 12% Glycolic into your daily routine?

I use it at night after washing my face and before my moisturizer.

Trusted Contributor

Re: How do you incorporate Alpha Hydrox AHA Souffle 12% Glycolic into your daily routine?

I am using a different brand (HSN 341-598) , which has a 10% & 15% & I also us at night before a moisturizer, I do like this HSN product! I cut the pads in half so it will last me longer.

Super Contributor

It's generally 1. cleanse 2. tone (if you choose) 3. exfoliate with AHA 4. any serums 5. moisturize/sinscreen.

If you apply serums, you start with the thinnest and build up. I use a BHA instead of an AHA and I use it a.m. and p.m. Since you're using a high % of AHA, I would recommend once daily to start with, maybe every other night and build if your skin needs it and tolerates it well.

Super Contributor

I do as Irish Rose does, except I use my C Serum before the AHA in the morning. By the way, Ulta sometimes puts the brand on sale. Since I use Retin-A at night, the gylcolic is for morning only.

Because I have used Retin-A for a number of years, I had no trouble with the 12%souffle. However, if your skin is not used to something as strong as Retin-A, I would go slowly.

Esteemed Contributor

The Souffle is a workhorse in my skin care, and I use it every a.m. like Pianomama.

I never had to ease it in, because I was using PC 8% every day before that.

I did have to ease it in on my neck & chest area. Don't forget to use it there, because it absolutely works wonders!

If you experience redness irritation at any time, you need to back off, or try a lesser percentage AHA.

Honored Contributor

I use either AHA 10% Gel or 12% Souffle every morning and a few nights a week, when I'm not using Retin-A. Generally, I like the 10% Gel in warmer weather and the Souffle when it's cooler. I figure they're both pretty close in performance.

AM -
1. gentle exfoliation with Fleur de Lis Rice & Papaya Enzyme Powder
2. mist Thayer's toner
3. Mad Hippie Vitamin C (apply while skin is still damp from the toner for better penetration)
4. AHA product

PM -
1. cleanse with Dr. Young's Camellia Cleansing Oil
2. mist Thayer's toner
3. either prescription Retin-A or AHA product (alternating nights)

Highlighted
Contributor

I thought we weren't supposed to use Vit C and AHA at the same time?

Honored Contributor

On 7/19/2014 SpaGal said:

There's no rule about using Vitamin C and AHA at the same time. Common understanding is that AHA's and Retinoids shouldn't be used at the same time.

Esteemed Contributor

On 7/19/2014 JeanLouiseFinch said:
On 7/19/2014 SpaGal said:

There's no rule about using Vitamin C and AHA at the same time. Common understanding is that AHA's and Retinoids shouldn't be used at the same time.

Though there is no hard & fast rule about those. They both (in some ways) perform the same, so that's probably why you wouldn't need to use them together. In other ways they are different, though.