Honored Contributor

Re: How do you combat dryness during the winter?

@Suebdoo wrote:

@suzyQ3 @HappyDaze @FUTURE

Seems like I have been a little stingy or else I underestimated how much I use LOL. I use about a small pea size.  Maybe more if I think I might be outside .  I kind of feel like a greaseball with more....but no wind burn!

I'm going to get a Retin A RX soon and will use more I bet.

I have 3 jars now and got them during sales.  Seems like there have a few sales in the few months since enabler @suzyQ3 recommended it, but the holidays may have been the reason.  There's also a coupon code for 1st time purchase too I think.

I doubt that you're being stingy :-), @Suebdoo. That's why I made sure to say that most people might be scared off if they used as much as I do. I don't mean to exaggerate; it certainly isn't as if I stick a mini shovel in the jar. But I do get a good amount on my finger.

It is a balm, so a user needs to know that is thick and emollient (okay, maybe a bit greasy if you use a lot). But that's what makes it so comforting and protective. I use it in the morning, as well as at night, but not right before I apply make-up.

Even though the company states that is very good for all skin types, as well as for sensitive and problematic/acneic skin, I'm not sure how a person with very oily skin would like the feel of it.

For me, this balm is the bomb. (okay, okay, I won't give up my day job)Smiley LOL

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Suebdoo wrote:

@suzyQ3 @HappyDaze @FUTURE

Seems like I have been a little stingy or else I underestimated how much I use LOL. I use about a small pea size.  Maybe more if I think I might be outside .  I kind of feel like a greaseball with more....but no wind burn!

I'm going to get a Retin A RX soon and will use more I bet.

I have 3 jars now and got them during sales.  Seems like there have a few sales in the few months since enabler @suzyQ3 recommended it, but the holidays may have been the reason.  There's also a coupon code for 1st time purchase too I think.

I doubt that you're being stingy :-), @Suebdoo. That's why I made sure to say that most people might be scared off if they used as much as I do. I don't mean to exaggerate; it certainly isn't as if I stick a mini shovel in the jar. But I do get a good amount on my finger.

It is a balm, so a user needs to know that is thick and emollient (okay, maybe a bit greasy if you use a lot). But that's what makes it so comforting and protective. I use it in the morning, as well as at night, but not right before I apply make-up.

Even though the company states that is very good for all skin types, as well as for sensitive and problematic/acneic skin, I'm not sure how a person with very oily skin would like the feel of it.

For me, this balm is the bomb. (okay, okay, I won't give up my day job)Smiley LOL

I really only use it at night, as I feel my serums and SPF are moisturizing and protective enough for daytime, so that's probably why I use more -- since I don't care if I look like a greaseball in front of hubby and the pups. They'll love me, anyway. Smiley Wink So I'd say I use two peas worth. Lol! Maybe 2 1/2, the last half pea dabbed on areas of greater dryness (around nose, any stray eczema spot on my forehead, etc). HTH!

Respected Contributor

I've been using Paula's Choice Clinical Ultra Rich Moisturizer the last few days thanks to some samples I received. It is fantastic! The chronic flakiness on my forehead is gone. I just ordered the full size!
Trusted Contributor

I have extremely dry hands & body skin and the best moisturizers I've found are Caudalie's Hand Cream & Vine Body butter.  I'm not having much of an issue with my face & neck - I use some serums & Michael Todd's Knu Anti-Age Cream.

QVC lost a lot of my posts too!