Occasional Contributor

How do you apply your PTR Retinol Fusion PM?

OK, this may seem like the silliest question ever, so please bear with me. I've been using Philosophy's retinol pads and Help Me for the last few years and decided it was time to step up my retinol dosage and ordered a bottle of PTR's Retinol Fusion PM. Now I am curious about the best way to apply it. I first tried placing a few drops into my palm and rubbing them together, but my hands had absorbed most of the product before it got to my face. Then I tried taking the dropper directly to my face, but that was a little too messy. Please let me know when I am missing. The product is a little pricey to be wasting it as I am.

TIA for your suggestions!

Super Contributor

Re: How do you apply your PTR Retinol Fusion PM?

I just entered this question as a new message and this original topic popped up. What a great feature of the new blog!! I have never used such a thin serum, so wonder how it should be applied. I've been dropping it into my palm, then use both hands to smear it over my face-- including my eyelids. Is this stuff good for eyelids? I've been assuming yes. Any suggestions for this product? I hope blonde7 is still around and sees this! How have you liked this serum, blonde7?
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

I find it is too difficult to apply drops directly onto my face. What I do is this. I use the dropper and put 5 or 6 drops into the palm of my hand. I kind of cup my hand so it doesn't spill. Then I take 2 fingers from my other hand and dip them into the drops and pat them onto various places on my face. Forehead, cheeks, around eyes ( not on eyelids! ), chin. I work quickly so the solution doesn't drip down my face. Actually you can just spread the solution with your fingers on your face and not pat it.

Super Contributor

Thank you for the reply, elruth.  That's what I do, but now I will avoid the lids!