Respected Contributor

Re: How do I style my hair so it will look like a wavy bob?

@SugarPuff wrote:

If you are trying to achieve a look like the second picture use either hot rollers or a curling iron.   Your hair should come out twice as curly as the photo prior to lightly brushing.   It's crucial that all sections of the hair be entirely cool prior to brushing out.   I wear my hair like this most days and this is what I do.   I should mention my hair is much longer than the photo.  I spray the wavey part and it holds for about 2 days.   

This. Curling iron and brush it out. If it's too curly, use less time and a lower heat setting. Sarah Potempa's Beach Waver was designed for this look, but any curling iron with a medium barrel will work and a lot of flat irons can do this, too.

Esteemed Contributor

@newjersey wrote:

@Nonametoday, the second photo. My hair is fine and stick straight and around shoulder length.  Thank you for the photos.

As the first place winner of thin and staight ( now thinning too ), I would say you will in the fight of your life to get waves.  Might want to consider a less labor intensive style.

Valued Contributor

Hi @newjersey  check out Harmonize_beauty tutorials. She has alot of videos  on creating waves.   https://youtu.be/Yd90RuaoOkM

Honored Contributor

@newjersey  I know that Herbivore Sea Mist spray does texturizing and beach waves.  If you are looking for big waves, I would think you need a professional and a tool to get the look.

kindness is strength
Valued Contributor

@newjersey 

Hi I would suggest my favorite hair website All thing Hair . You will find instructions , video tutorials and prodcut suggestions for every hair style imaginable. I have a pixie cut , and i always go there for ideas

Honored Contributor

@newjersey wrote:

I'm trying to post a photo of the type of hairstyle I'm looking for with no luck.   Can anyone tell me how I can style my hair to look like a wavy, not curly, bob?   I would appreciate any replies and if someone can post some photos, that would be so helpful.  Is there some type of styling tool I would need to buy?   Thank you.   

you tube videos, that's how I learned to do my curls --

curling iron