Honored Contributor

Re: How do I keep my hair from falling into my face

@FrostyBabe1 wrote:

Hairspray.

Paul Mitchell Freeze & Shine. Spritz that on and your hair isn't going to move. I swear it doubles as marine grade shelac! 

@FrostyBabe1 I have curly hair, so I prefer PM Quck Drying Sculpting Spray.  It doesn't dry immediately so I can scrunch my curls.  It's also not a hard hold.  If you spray a lot or close to the head it is, but not a light spray.  Freeze & Shine might work better for OP since it sounds like her hair is straight.

Respected Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

@FrostyBabe1 wrote:

Hairspray.

Paul Mitchell Freeze & Shine. Spritz that on and your hair isn't going to move. I swear it doubles as marine grade shelac! 

@FrostyBabe1 I have curly hair, so I prefer PM Quck Drying Sculpting Spray.  It doesn't dry immediately so I can scrunch my curls.  It's also not a hard hold.  If you spray a lot or close to the head it is, but not a light spray.  Freeze & Shine might work better for OP since it sounds like her hair is straight.

I have stick straight, fine hair. I have a lot of it, but it's stick straight. I sweep my longish bangs off to the side and anchor them with Freeze and Shine before I go to the golf course, and they stay right where I put them. It doesn't dry quickly either, and it does take a light hand, but it works great for me. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

Thanks all, I bought some "bra strap" hair bands from Amazon, that are adjustable I have a very big head and I am hoping this will work out for me 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I buy my mom the tortoise shell clips that snap closed and lie flat. They're easy for her to put in with her arthritis. You can also use bobby pins. Embellished bobby pins are very popular right now.

Respected Contributor

Hairspray!  You might not always want to use hair accessories.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Esteemed Contributor

This photo shows longer hair, but would work w/ a bob, too.

I use Not Your Mothers Bobby Pins, so they are hardly noticeable. I wish I could wear my hair w/o any pins or barrettes, but I just look better with hair off my face, and I don't like it in the way, either.

Image result for hairstyle with/ barrettes

Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox  When I wore my hair in a bob, I let my bangs grow out -- big mistake.  My hair was constantly in my face so I went back to bangs plus I looked 5 years younger.  Bangs do take off a few years so my suggestion is go with bangs otherwise you will be using headbands or hairpins to keep your hair off your face.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Braid the front lock, and hide the end with a bobby pin hidden under the side locks

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

OOPS @SilleeMee ........didn't see your previous post!    di

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@Desertdi 

Great minds think alike. Woman Very Happy