Honored Contributor

Re: How come there aren’t anymore color cosmetic tsv’s

Here is MY thought on the color-TSV situation:

They have a high return rate due to the junk that is placed in them. I don't care the brand, they put the same junk in them all the time AS WELL AS pricing it too high. Example:

A kit usually contains 5 items...

1) UNIVERSAL lipstick.   Sorry, they are NEVER universal. Get rid of the lipstick and replace it with a CLEAR lipbalm/plumper that truly hydrates and can be used with your OWN lipcolor that works

2) Blush

3) Brush/brushes.  Pure filler junk. No one needs brushes anymore. You can get great ones for a few dollars.

4) Eyeshadow palette.   Rarely do all the shades work. Cut it down to a duo or trio and offer the choice of warm or cool. They NEVER do that.

5-6-7) Foundation/powder/concealer.   Rarely contains a shade that works and honestly? Most of us have something that works

8) Makeup bag.   Please. This is another filler item. 

9) BLACK eyeliner.  No one I know uses black eyeliner (other than for maybe tight lining. Most people on this forum don't). How about a copper shade that works for all eyes? Black is something we all have and don't need

10) Mascara.  Most of us have one we love. Women, studies show, do not change mascaras once they find one they like. 

A kit will include any grouping from that list but  usually it's FIVE items. If the kit is $50, I begin to break the cost down based on what I will NOT use and in the end, I'm overpaying for the 1-2 items I can use. It's not a good value so I don't buy. Took me awhile of ordering kits to figure this all out but the money it has saved...wow!  You figure other customers come to this conclusion after seeing the lipstick on (awful), dealing with shedding brushes they don't need, an eyeliner that is one of many, etc. Maybe if they gave you a color option (cool or warm) as I stated earlier, it would be better but they don't. In the end, I think most of us have figured out these kits are a waste of money and so we don't see them now.

Respected Contributor

@SahmIam  couldn't have said it better.  i do the same thing, count how many of the items i can actually use. i'm probably the only person who rarely uses mascara. not for every day anyway. make-up bag?? please, have a million. lipstick, ditto. i only use liquid eyeliner, or the felt pen types, and they always seem to include a eye crayon. nope. i've been doing one of the itsy monthly beauty bags. 10 bucks, and it fills my craving for sampling things.

Honored Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

Here is MY thought on the color-TSV situation:

They have a high return rate due to the junk that is placed in them. I don't care the brand, they put the same junk in them all the time AS WELL AS pricing it too high. Example:

A kit usually contains 5 items...

1) UNIVERSAL lipstick.   Sorry, they are NEVER universal. Get rid of the lipstick and replace it with a CLEAR lipbalm/plumper that truly hydrates and can be used with your OWN lipcolor that works

2) Blush

3) Brush/brushes.  Pure filler junk. No one needs brushes anymore. You can get great ones for a few dollars.

4) Eyeshadow palette.   Rarely do all the shades work. Cut it down to a duo or trio and offer the choice of warm or cool. They NEVER do that.

5-6-7) Foundation/powder/concealer.   Rarely contains a shade that works and honestly? Most of us have something that works

8) Makeup bag.   Please. This is another filler item. 

9) BLACK eyeliner.  No one I know uses black eyeliner (other than for maybe tight lining. Most people on this forum don't). How about a copper shade that works for all eyes? Black is something we all have and don't need

10) Mascara.  Most of us have one we love. Women, studies show, do not change mascaras once they find one they like. 

A kit will include any grouping from that list but  usually it's FIVE items. If the kit is $50, I begin to break the cost down based on what I will NOT use and in the end, I'm overpaying for the 1-2 items I can use. It's not a good value so I don't buy. Took me awhile of ordering kits to figure this all out but the money it has saved...wow!  You figure other customers come to this conclusion after seeing the lipstick on (awful), dealing with shedding brushes they don't need, an eyeliner that is one of many, etc. Maybe if they gave you a color option (cool or warm) as I stated earlier, it would be better but they don't. In the end, I think most of us have figured out these kits are a waste of money and so we don't see them now.

The .     @SahmIam  You left out a clumpy mascara. Lol