Honored Contributor

How close is Tweak'd to Ojon?

I tried Ojon only once since Estee Lauder bought the company.  It was worthless.  So I've been ignoring Dennis's presentations of Tweak'd on HSN and QVC until the other day.  He said you Ojon users will remember this scent.  My antenna went up and I watched the screen.  They showed women processing the nuts, just like with Ojon.  So I need to know is this the same nut?  Is the product remotely like Ojon?  I sure miss that line.  

New Contributor

Re: How close is Tweak'd to Ojon?

• To me it is exactly the same.  Love tweaks.  Only item will  now use for body and hair.  I loved ojon also.
Trusted Contributor

@depglass wrote:

I tried Ojon only once since Estee Lauder bought the company.  It was worthless.  So I've been ignoring Dennis's presentations of Tweak'd on HSN and QVC until the other day.  He said you Ojon users will remember this scent.  My antenna went up and I watched the screen.  They showed women processing the nuts, just like with Ojon.  So I need to know is this the same nut?  Is the product remotely like Ojon?  I sure miss that line.  

Hi @depglass  - It depends which product you are talking about. Most of his cleansers are non-sulfate based, so they don't lather, but a couple of the cleansers do lather. I only use the cleansing hair treatments (like cleansing creams) and I love them all!! I have not tried his lathering shampoo (Rise & Shine Volumizing). I think you may be talking about the Ancient Rituals Rejuvenating Oil; Yes that does smell like Ojon, but as Dennis explains, it's a bit lighter and creamier than the old scent. Yes, you will recognize the smell and it is so hard to stop rubbing on my hair, skin and even my face. It's divine and smells sooo good!!! 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I agree with @KarenaJeannette it depends on the product.  The cleansing products you put on dry hair are nothing like any Ojon product I ever used, although I got on the Ojon bandwagon shortly before he sold the company.  I don't like those products.  The Restore Rejuvenating Oil I think is a very similar product.  I never used the original Ojon product, but absolutely loved his Tawaka.  

The scent had to sorta grow on me, but I have to say I really like it now and at least it's not overly floral.  I actually use it with oil as a finishing cream for my hair and I pat some into my face at night over my night cream right before going to bed.  

I would like to try a few others, but alas, the one I really want to try right now comes in a set and the other product has silicones in it and I don't use silicones on my hair.  

BTW, Estee Lauder changed and ruined the product, so if you did not use it before he sold the company it was a different product.  

Honored Contributor

I think they are the same, but now he has more offerings. I like his styling products and the face cream he made for his Mom, but I'm sticking with my WEN for CC.