Super Contributor

How can I tell if anyone has responded to one of my posts?

I'm clueless!

Super Contributor

Re: How can I tell if anyone has responded to one of my posts?

Doh!  I just figured it out!

I don't get on much and am not used to the newer format!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@GreenEyedGirl wrote:

I'm clueless!

Maybe I don't understand the question, but why can't you just find the thread and check?  You can do this, by clicking into the thread and seeing responses or you can look in the column on the index page that says "replies" or "new"..  

Sometimes, not all the time, if someone is responding to a specific person's comment, or if they want to get their attention for some reason, they will address them by using an "@" and then their board name.  By doing that, the person will get notified that there's a comment for them.

Respected Contributor

It takes time to learn to navigate this new format.  Best thing to do is ask questions: I read through a lot of the info Windows but direct input from savvy posters worked best for me.

It is easier to do a lot of things here.  Good Luck!

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Valued Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@GreenEyedGirl wrote:

I'm clueless!

Maybe I don't understand the question, but why can't you just find the thread and check?  You can do this, by clicking into the thread and seeing responses or you can look in the column on the index page that says "replies" or "new"..  

Sometimes, not all the time, if someone is responding to a specific person's comment, or if they want to get their attention for some reason, they will address them by using an "@" and then their board name.  By doing that, the person will get notified that there's a comment for them.

@JeanLouiseFinch

Thank you so much for explaining how to use the "@" to get someone's attention and notify them that they were mentioned in a thread.  I have seen it used, but I had no idea that's what it was intended for.  I like that improvement. I wish they would let us receive private messages, but I doubt they will ever do that.

This is just a test. @CaliKat

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JeanLouiseFinch

If you happen to read this, please let me know if you got notified about my previous post above, where I thanked you. I tested it with my own name but it did not work.

ETA: I must be doing something wrong.

Honored Contributor

@CaliKat wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch

If you happen to read this, please let me know if you got notified about my previous post above, where I thanked you. I tested it with my own name but it did not work.

ETA: I must be doing something wrong.

Hi @CaliKat .  Yep, you got it.  You just need to make sure you get the member's name right.  If they're already involved in the conversation, you should see a drop-down menu where you can select their name, after typing the "@".

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JeanLouiseFinch Thank you for letting me know it worked! Woman Happy

Another thing I think they should change is, when you click on the notifications to see who gave you hearts, if there are a few people they don't list all the names. After the first couple of names it will read so and so, "and 4 other people gave you hearts for .......". So four of the people who gave you hearts remain anonymous. I think it would be nice to know everyone who hearted what you wrote.

Honored Contributor

@CaliKat wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch Thank you for letting me know it worked! Woman Happy

Another thing I think they should change is, when you click on the notifications to see who gave you hearts, if there are a few people they don't list all the names. After the first couple of names it will read so and so, "and 4 other people gave you hearts for .......". So four of the people who gave you hearts remain anonymous. I think it would be nice to know everyone who hearted what you wrote.

@CaliKat You can find that out, but clicking through to the specific thread and then clicking on your heart tally.

Valued Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch, Thank you!  Thank you!

I always just looked under notifications. I never thought to click on the actual heart to see the names.