Honored Contributor

Re: How can I organize my makeup!

I don't have very much makeup. I tend to use the same colors, and I don't experiment too much anymore. I have a rectangular lucite organizer from Target, and it holds everything I use daily. Everything is right there in one place so I can select what I want to use. Even though it is small (10x7) each compartment can hold a few different kinds of each category of product: lips, eyes, concealers, primers, highlighters, foundations, blush, etc.  I keep any unopened products in another small basket in the closet. 

Contributor

Wow, so many great ideas!

I don't put my makeup on at a vanity or in the bathroom, I sit on my bed or on the couch, lol.

So I actually use a Caboodle organizer, they have good products and are very reasonably priced

109349923.jpg

I know it is kind of silly for a 60 year old women, but its roomy and easy to carry around. They have lots of different types of makeup organizers, train cases, acrylic trays, etc. I may grow up soon and upgrade to a fancy train case like this

10963935_Alt01.jpg

I also rotate makeup, so the caboodle is full of what I use daily, but I have sevral shoe box size containers where I store backups or product I'm tired of, but not ready to throw out. There're organized by product type; FACE - EYES - LIPS

I also have a small round container I keep out on the bathroom counter with "samples" so I can see them and work them into my daily routine. Rotating is key for me or I forget what I have. I do it about every 2 months.

Heart

Esteemed Contributor

I put all of my eye pencils and, lipsticks and brushes and my "cute" coffee mugs. No more digging around for the shade that I want. I can see it now.  

I also purchased a small basket to keep my favorite "go to" make up items in for those times when I have 5 minutes to get pulled together and out the door. What a stress relief.

i like the basket trios that are in the stores. The look neat and hold quite a bit. Easy to organize and looks neat. I've got these in my bathrooms for a variety of items.

Trusted Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

I have organizer from Amazon like this on my dresser with my current stuff and a current make up case, I also have something similar in storage, as well as a few Joy Mangano roll up organizers and makeup bags.

Screen Shot 2017-06-11 at 9.13.08 AM.png

@I am still oxox so glad I saw this by chance just now nearly 3:30 am on east coast lol. TY TY! Smiley Wink!!!

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky
Honored Contributor

If your looking for organizational ideas, check out Temptalia's website. I thought I had a nice amount of makeup, it's not even close to what she has! There is a video that gives you a tour of how she organized her makeup.  She seems to be lucky enough to have a room dedicated to her stash (I know she is a blogger and makes her living doing this).Now I don't feel like such a hoarder!

Honored Contributor

@Allthingsgirly67,   I am not sure how much storage you need but I bought a plastic storage container with 3 drawers from Walmart.  It's about 10-1/2x10-1/2 and quite deep.  1st drawer foundation, blush, powder, 2nd drawer eye shadow, mascara, lash curlers, eye pencils and 3rd drawer is for brushes and misc.  You may need something larger but this works for me and I keep it in my linen closet in the bathroom.  This will give you an idea of what's out here.  HeartCat Happy

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

To make matters worse I/m taking medicine thay often leaves me confused,,

Bout Joy Manganos Roll uo bubicles=but still a heaadache.

Respected Contributor

Get a Train Case. 

Honored Contributor

Dang, you ladies have a lot of make up!  I have never been good at applying eye shadow, so I don't have any.....I have 1 blush, 1 foundation, and 1 mascara.  I did splurge on lip sticks....I have 3 ha! 

Everything I have fits in a zippered case that I store under the sink in my bathroom.  I do have extras of serum, eye gel and moisturiser.