Honored Contributor

Re: How can I get volume and lift in the roots of my hair?

About using the Voloom Rootie...

Most users press and hold the device on their hair way too long. This creates a look that is frizzy and does not look natural. It's important to press and hold quickly using the correct amount of hair in each section. Look at the video on the Voloom website to see how to do it right. I really don't think most people know exactly how to use the Voloom and they end up hating it.

Respected Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@scatcat  I use Aquage Thickening spray gel for over 6 years now.  I tried a couple of other brands but nothing comes close to Aquage.  I love to run my fingers thru my thick hair after I blow dry.  LOL  It also gives some volume.  If you want additional volume then bring out the big guns with the Uplifting Foam.  

@Katcat1   I've been using the Uplifting Foam for years 

Honored Contributor

@plmokn wrote:

Ever try TEASING your hair? I do it all the time.

@plmokn, periodically I will use a teasing brush for my crown area.  I don't like a teasing comb as I find it gives too much of a teased look.  A teasing brush gives me the lift without the teased look. 

Trusted Contributor

Thank you all for your suggestions. 

Respected Contributor

I have fine hair...I turn my head upside down and blow with a large round brush getting into the roots. Then I just blow it out with the same brush to style and get it smooth. I like my hair full, and a just bit messy, more natural looking.
I sometimes use Oribe Maximista for volume...just a spritz here and there. Smells awesome. I dont like gels, mousses and leave ins. Maybe a spritz of Oribe hair spray, and use a pick to fluff it. This is all I do, and get lots of volume.
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

When you go to the salon, have your hairdresser give you an 'undercut' to add volume.