Frequent Contributor

How can Chaz get away with the different versions?

Y'all know I'm a Wen girl, so this is *not* meant to be a bashing post. However, I really don't understand how Chaz can get away with selling significantly different formulations of CC under the same product name.

For instance, with SAM, now there is a QVC/Chazdean.com version, a Guthy-Renker version, and a Sephora version with different ingredients still. What is happening? Does he need to adjust the ingredients based on his profit margin at the different retailers, or is it about what he think will sell better at each one? (For example, the Sephora version seems to be lighter and faster-rinsing judging by the ingredients list...does he think the Sephora customer would prefer a lighter/quicker version??)

But also, is this legal? Isn't it misleading to imply that a customer would be getting the same product everywhere "WEN SAM Cleansing Conditioner" is sold? Shouldn't you know what to expect if you buy a bottle of something under the same name?

I have a bad feeling that this has something to do with the QVC exclusivity agreement, and that Q somehow pushed Chaz into selling the "real" Wen only at QVC, even now. But I don't know. Can anyone comment??