Occasional Contributor

How argon oil is really made

It's interesting that the true method used to make the argon oil is never shown.  They show pictures of picking the nuts off trees, but that's not how it happens.  Argon nuts pass through the digestive system of goats, and the nuts are retrieved from the goat poop.  That's where the argon oil comes from.

Honored Contributor

Re: How argon oil is really made

@mountainliving wrote:

It's interesting that the true method used to make the argon oil is never shown.  They show pictures of picking the nuts off trees, but that's not how it happens.  Argon nuts pass through the digestive system of goats, and the nuts are retrieved from the goat poop.  That's where the argon oil comes from.

That is one way but not the only way.

Occasional Contributor

That's how it is made, and the villagers in Morocco are making a fortune.

Honored Contributor

LOL... those of us who use it know exactly how it's made....

It's great stuff and I've been especially using it (and a scar cream) on a very bad burn I received (once it was healed up) and the scar "ridge" is almost gone already.  But I am grateful that the ladies wash the goat poop off the nuts before pressing them down.... Woman WinkWoman Wink 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

There have been tons of threads on this. We know. It doesn't bother me. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Q4u wrote:

LOL... those of us who use it know exactly how it's made....

It's great stuff and I've been especially using it (and a scar cream) on a very bad burn I received (once it was healed up) and the scar "ridge" is almost gone already.  But I am grateful that the ladies wash the goat poop off the nuts before pressing them down.... Woman WinkWoman Wink 

Well goats poop round pellets that are dry, very similiar to rabbits. I used to breed dairy goats. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

Argoni is a noble gas,, not an oil....

Respected Contributor

i've used Argan Oil for a number of years - can't remember how many.  But I am eternally grateful thata they do not show how it is made - not interested in seeing a goat pooping. 

Honored Contributor

The goat story is gross and it is so far fetched you have to laugh about it.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

No, that is not necessarily how ARGAN oil is produced. Today, in fact, most women's co-operatives harvest the nuts and extract the oil by hand.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland