Esteemed Contributor

Re: How are you diferent than your Mother?

my mom was a stay at home mom...I worked....

she never learned to drive...I started driving when I was 16....

she was a good cook....I can't cook worth a darn...

she was always cool and calm....no matter the situation.....I get manic...:0)

one thing we had in common....was our sense of Humor...I will be ever grateful...

she died on Christmas Day....many years ago....I sure do miss her....:0(

Respected Contributor

My Mom passed away in 2001 at the age of 75 and I do still miss her. We had many similarities and many differences but the core of who I am comes from my Mother, she and my father raised me with love and made many sacrifices for me, they always put their children first. I have children of my own and I've tried to raise them with the same love and values my parents gave me. I feel bad for the anyone that didn't have that kind of love and support growing up, it was the greatest gift I ever got and I just tried to pass it along.

Super Contributor

My mother's healthiest habit is that she loved salads. I do too. She was slender and I am too.

The differences -- she smoked, never exercised and rarely wore makeup or skincare except for lipstick. I've never smoked, enjoy working out... and like her, I always wear lipstick but I generally wear some concealer, BB cream and a little eye pencil and mascara. She was a SAHM and me a career gal.

She had her issues and was not someone I emulated, but... I still wish you Happy Mother's day Mom.

She did her best. Wink {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Super Contributor

On 5/9/2014 brewhaha said:

She's trim and only eats healthy food. I'm overweight. She doesn't use or need much makeup. I look like Mimi from the Drew Carey Show.

Love ya, Brew!

Super Contributor

Well, this turned out to be a wonderful thread. There is nothing like getting insight into people by learning about their childhoods.

You can see where some are in competition with their moms, some never had a loving mom, some make their lives better by being different from their moms, and some hope to be just like their moms.

Happy Mother's Day to all...Mothers and Children.

Respected Contributor

My mother was a better person.

I miss her acutely today on Mother's Day.

Hyacinth

Valued Contributor

My mom was sweeter than me and wished I was 1/2 as good as her.

My mom never dyed her hair and I do. I work out and walk and take care of myself better than she did. Reason being because she didn't and died from cancer so I just figure better to than not. Not that it will save me but I prefer to stay as healthy as I can and always have been more health conscious than my parents ever were.

I do want to add my parents were wonderful people and we were loved and taken care of the best they could and miss them dearly. Nothing selfish about my parents.

Honored Contributor

She knew how to make homemade bread, dinner rolls and doughnuts that were delicious. I'm a failure when it comes to making any of the yeast breads.

Regular Contributor

My mom means the world to me and i wish I was half the person she is. She is the sweetest most loved by all person I know. And she is all mine. I'm blessed to call her mom. I on the other hand am very stressed and well just not even close to her. Although I'm sure she would tell you differently! Everyone who comes in contact with her loves her. She is 79 and she excersises and dances every day. She has such a healthy lifestyle its amazing. I have never seen her eat mcdonalds or anything like that. According to her dr she has the heart if a 55 year old! She is truly amazing and I do let her know all the time. She means everything to me.
Super Contributor

brewhaha,

Well, I think she loves you. You sound soooo loveable. Hmmm, maybe I'll adopt you...I always wanted a daughter.{#emotions_dlg.tt1} Happy Mothers Day! (we are all mothers to someone or something...)