Reply
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 5,189
Registered: ‎03-19-2010

Re: How are my HairMax TSV girls doing?


@glam_girl wrote:

@nodecaf @SilleeMee  

 

Another thing, I thought about getting less gray hair with the lasers before reading about that "side" effect in here.  It makes sense.  We all start with gray hair, it is our melanocytes that give us our natural hair color.  With time melanocytes stop working in the follicles and thus gray hairs start appearing.  If this device stimulates our follicles to grow hair again, waking them up from their dormant or hair falling (telogen) phase, it may wake up the melanocytes as well....  For those lucky ones that are experiencing this effect with Hairmax, that is not bad at all.  That is a great thing to consider as well.  If I get that same effect along with new hair at the temples, I'd be extremely happy.  What should I do?  Thank you for help and candor writing about your experiences with hair loss.  I can relate 100%.


I would be extremely happy with that side effect and would keep the device just for that even if it didn't make more hair grow.  Gray hair exacerbates the appearance of thinning especially when you color.  It would also save me money and wear and tear on the hair since I would be able to stretch out my root touchups by a week or two.

 

I have been using Grande Lash & Grande Brow and the Grande Brow has certainly had that effect, moreso than brow growth. They have grown back some, but not as much as I would like especially from the arch area down to the missing tail.  Not sure why they don't have a formula for the scalp.  I think they use a fast-growing sustainable coral for the source of their prostaglandin, but maybe there's not enough for a scalp formula too. Or maybe it would just be too expensive.   

Honored Contributor
Posts: 21,653
Registered: ‎05-22-2016

Re: How are my HairMax TSV girls doing?

@Icegoddess.

I use Careprost (Latisse generic) for my brows and lashes. My brow tails are back and for the first time in my life I took a pair of scissors to trim my lashes today!! They are just too long....never thought I would ever say thatWoman Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 5,189
Registered: ‎03-19-2010

Re: How are my HairMax TSV girls doing?


@SilleeMee wrote:

@Icegoddess.

I use Careprost (Latisse generic) for my brows and lashes. My brow tails are back and for the first time in my life I took a pair of scissors to trim my lashes today!! They are just too long....never thought I would ever say thatWoman Very Happy


@SilleeMee, I'm thinking about doing that at least for the lashes when I run out.  For the brows, I prefer having the dark brows over having more hair, so if the Careprost does not have the same side effect, then I'll stick with the Grande Lash for them.  I've never had lots of brows in the first place.  i only ever plucked strays, but then I lost my tails, more than likely due to hypothyroidism.

Super Contributor
Posts: 319
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: How are my HairMax TSV girls doing?

[ Edited ]

It's probably a reach BUT... I have ordered Magnesium Oil to be applied as hair treatment while still using HAIRMAX.

 

"Magnesium helps prevent calcium buildup on your scalp. When calcium clogs hair follicles, your scalp will be dry, flaky, and you could even see some hair loss"

 

We have hard/well water at the house and it maybe ruining my hair re-growth progress.

 

Has anyone have any success with Magnesium Oil? TYSM

Honored Contributor
Posts: 21,653
Registered: ‎05-22-2016

Re: How are my HairMax TSV girls doing?


@nodecaf wrote:

It's probably a reach BUT... I have ordered Magnesium Oil to be applied as hair treatment while still using HAIRMAX.

 

"Magnesium helps prevent calcium buildup on your scalp. When calcium clogs hair follicles, your scalp will be dry, flaky, and you could even see some hair loss"

 

We have hard/well water at the house and it maybe ruining my hair re-growth progress.

 

Has anyone have any success with Magnesium Oil? TYSM


 

 

I think you'd be better off by using a vinegar rinse on your hair and scalp if you think there might be calcium on those areas. Vinegar is known to dissolve calcium. I have no experience using Mg oil so I can't say anything about that. But I do know that vinegar is a good clarifying agent when used on the hair and scalp. @nodecaf

Valued Contributor
Posts: 527
Registered: ‎05-14-2010

Re: How are my HairMax TSV girls doing?

I have not tried magnesium oil, however, I always use castor oil and Wen rosemary oil.  My hair is very thick, but I cannot say this is the reason.  I do it for frizz control and better curl definition.

Super Contributor
Posts: 319
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: How are my HairMax TSV girls doing?

I am still using the d@ng thing three times a week Smiley Wink

I have added a few things and finally got my long awaiting "I SEE SOME NEW GROWTH" from my stylist last appointment. Smiley Very Happy

 

#1- added vinegar rinse  as per @SilleeMee (You are the BEST, thank you)

#2 - added a filter to my shower head 

#3 - spraying Magnesium Oil at my temples (not sure if it's doing anything yet)

#4 - have been playing with my supplements to see what works (Biotin doesn't but have high hopes for DHT blocker)

 

#TGIF 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 21,653
Registered: ‎05-22-2016

Re: How are my HairMax TSV girls doing?


@nodecaf wrote:

I am still using the d@ng thing three times a week Smiley Wink

I have added a few things and finally got my long awaiting "I SEE SOME NEW GROWTH" from my stylist last appointment. Smiley Very Happy

 

#1- added vinegar rinse  as per @SilleeMee (You are the BEST, thank you)

#2 - added a filter to my shower head 

#3 - spraying Magnesium Oil at my temples (not sure if it's doing anything yet)

#4 - have been playing with my supplements to see what works (Biotin doesn't but have high hopes for DHT blocker)

 

#TGIF 


 

 

Fantastic! @nodecaf  So glad your stylist is seeing your new growth!  

Did you try the bamboo powder supplement I mentioned a while back? For me after years of taking biotin, I gave up because it did nothing but make my hair feel brittle and stiff. But the bamboo powder seems to make my hair and nails grow fast...my hair feels soft and looks really shiny and healthy.Woman Happy

Super Contributor
Posts: 319
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: How are my HairMax TSV girls doing?

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee 

Yes ma'am! 

One scoop of bamboo supplement and collagen powder are being added to my coffee every single morning.  It's a chemistry lab basically Smiley LOL

 

Thank you again, xx

Honored Contributor
Posts: 18,517
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: How are my HairMax TSV girls doing?

Manuela from Isomers was presenting her Stem Genesis Serum today on Evine, and said it can be used in the scalp as a treatment for thinning hair or in the scalp for hair loss in general, that caught my attention.