Super Contributor

Re: How are my HairMax TSV girls doing?

Nothing new to report here... Still experiencing hair fall out and dealing with fine/thin hair...Still using it 3X week...

May look into supplements (Biotin hasn't really done much except improved health @ nails) Smiley Frustrated

Anything new with you guys HairMax-wise? 

Honored Contributor

I'm very sad the HM is not working for you @nodecaf. For me it's been just the opposite. I've had a positive experience with my old HM-9.  I purchased the CapillusPro Cap not too long ago and that has made even more hair grow back for me. It was a hefty investment but I have absolutely no regrets buying it whatsoever...it's a forever thing. I still use the HM-9 on the sides and the lower part of the back of my head where the cap doesn't cover. Works out good that way.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thank you for the update @SilleeMee Heart

I'm considering TSV HairMax LaserBand 41 Comfortflex Hair Growth Device A350243

I'm trying to figure out if this model's 41 medical grade lasers will be the improvement I need versus HR Ultima's 9 lasers  ... oy!  Thoughts?

Honored Contributor

@nodecaf wrote:

Thank you for your update @SilleeMee Heart

I'm considering TSV HairMax LaserBand 41 Comfortflex Hair Growth Device A350243

I'm trying to figure out if this model's 41 medical grade lasers will be the improvement I need versus HR Ultima's 9 lasers  ... oy!  Thoughts?

I'm not familiar with the LaserBand 41 or the type of lasers used in it.  Excuse me for not knowing, but I thought the laser lights were the same type in both devices...just one has more than the other.  

All I can suggest is that if you did not experience regrowth with the HM-9 comb then I would be hesitant to buy the band. That's just me and maybe you feel differently. But if you decide to try it then you still have the 180-day return policy to fall back on.

Is your HM-9 comb still under the 180-day return period? or did that expire already?

Super Contributor

HM-9 is way beyond return policy time frame.

I'll try to call CS and figure out "laser" specifications.

Thank you for always being so helpful.

Happy New Year! 

Honored Contributor

I was thinking it was just more of the same lasers too.  I think Medical Grade is the new buzz word to make you think it's somehow better and that the competitor's devices are not.  I have heard this term used on for other product presentations and figured it was just another sales tactic.

Super Contributor

Girls, you were right!

"All HairMax laser devices deliver the same energy which has been proven to effectively treat hair loss and thinning hair, and stimulate hair growth. The only difference is in the treatment times, i.e. the more lasers the shorter the treatment time."

Honored Contributor

@nodecaf,

You might find this interesting...

After I got my Capillus cap I talked with a doctor at a local hair loss clinic about how often these kinds of devices would be most effective at making your hair grow back. The doctor suggested not to use one everyday because he said the lasers make hair follicles 'lazy'. By this he meant that the follicles become adjusted to the light and will slow the hair growth down. He said to use the laser every other day instead. FYI.  

Honored Contributor

Ok, I just bought the TSV.  I have been wanting this for some time, specifically the headband type, but they're so darn expensive.  It was a hard decision since I'm also going to have to buy a new phone any day now.  I'm sure I could wait for them to run it again because I don't have massive hair loss, but then there'll be another reason I don't have the money.  I can't really say looking at the hair loss chart since I don't part my hair in the middle, but I can certainly tell it's thinner on the top of my head, especially the front where the bangs are since I have to section that part when I flat-iron it.  I never had a thick ponytail, so I really don't expect anything back there, although it would be nice for the swirlies back there to not be difficult to keep covered, especially as the grays come in.

I used my Shop at Home account which is rebating 2% and also my Ebates CC which also gives a small amount of cash back. 

One thing I didn't hear them say is how long it holds a charge.  Does it need to be charged every time you use it?  I was wondering if I could take it on a one week vacation with me without needing the charging cradle.  

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess

According to the HM website, the band needs to be recharged after each use to keep it fully charged. This is important because when the power is low then the lights become dim and ineffective.