Contributor

Re: How are my HairMax TSV girls doing?

I started using the HairMax March 1st.  Using it Mon/Wed/Friday.  I actually think my hair is shedding more than it was but I read where this is normal.  My hair has been thinning for a few years and decided to give the HairMax a try since it was the special of the day.  Am hoping that if I hang in there, it will work.  If it helps keep what I have left, I will be happy, else I may have to go into hibernation!  I have been so depressed about my hair loss.  I always had such nice hair.  I don't leave home without Great Hair Day powder on my scalp.  That has been a God send.  Just today, I was in the bank and the teller asked if I just got my hair done as it looked great.  I have known this teller for years.  If she only knew the lengths I go to, to make my hair look good enough to feel I can leave the house.  I am giving the HairMax the full 6 months before I decide if it is worth it.  Anyone seeing results this early?  Any extra hair shedding?  Good luck to all of us!

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Still working with it. 

A few concerns:

- seeing more hair shedding then usual and I am VERY nervous about it 

- seeing increase in thinning of hair at the temple

- increase in headaches (however it could be due to the weather)

Fingers crossed this is normal and part of the proceess! OY Woman Frustrated

Contributor

I read on the instructions that the hair shedding is normal.  I have been at it a little over a month.  Not really anymore shedding than before.  I know it must make you nervous.  I have read that most take a good 6 months before they see improvement.  I am so thankful for the Great Hair Day.  Once I use that, you cannot even tell where my hair is thinning.  I just do the comb every other night after I wash my hair. 

Super Contributor

Something else came to mind, not seeing as much grey hair growing out...Hmmm

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@nodecaf wrote:

Something else came to mind, not seeing as much grey hair growing out...Hmmm

It's a 'side-effect'  from using the lasers. Some hair laser users have reported the same results but it's not been officially proven to get rid of gray hair. Those people say they have much fewer grays but not completely gone away. Although I do not have any gray hairs, I have noticed my hair is considerably darker since I started using my hair lasers.

Another thing I noticed is that my scalp became more oily. After reading some stuff on-line I found out that the lasers can also stimulate the sebaceous glands and that will make them produce more oil. But that's okay....I much prefer an oily scalp than a bald one any day.Woman Very Happy

Occasional Contributor

Hi, I was looking at the post because I have had thinning hair and alopecia in the past, and curious what you all thought of the HairMax.

On a fluke, I bought a product from Amazon called Liquid Super Silica ($48) by Positive Power Nutritionals. Read it was suppose to be helpful for joints, bones, nails, energy...all sounded good to me! 😊 Not sure about bones, but after 2 months using my hair and nails were growing like never before 😳. I have always been a nail biter, and even when I could resist, they were thin and weak, which caused tearing.

My hair also really started growing at a rate I cannot recall. My stylist was shocked to see how much it had grown since I last saw him.  One bottle (4oz) lasted 3 months. I was without it for about a month (tried a less expensive brand) and noticed a big difference (nails weakened, more hair shedding).  I went back to the original brand and both have improved. 

Just wanted to share because I have found lots of great help and tips here.

Good luck to all!

Respected Contributor

I bought the TSV but went on vacation a week after i got it so obviously did not use it.  And I still have not used it.  I am very nervous about trying it for several reasons....my hair has thinned but not terribly.  I am a breast cancer survivor and am leary about using any thing questionable. I wll not use any of the chemicals that are used for hair growth either.  Also, after reading about people having more shedding and hair loss...not sure I want to risk that!  So I probably will just send it back  and hope I don't lose any more hair in the future.   Thank goodness for Joan Rivers hair powder and Madison Reed!!!!!

Respected Contributor

@joaniebee1@SilleeMee has recommended a bamboo extract powder that is 70% silica.  She has experienced drastic hair loss in the past and recommends the laser combs as well as the bamboo extract.  She has said the bamboo extract gives her strong, shiny hair.  I have found her to be a WEALTH of current, correct information and have found several good products based on her recommendations.  I have been using the bamboo extract for about a week and a half but know it can take 8 weeks or longer to see results.  

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm interested. I already mix collagen powder in my morning coffee so adding another supp't is NBD.

@SilleeMee Any specific kind? Brand?

Thank you!Heart

Super Contributor

@bargainsgirl

I'm in the same "survivor" boat sister and grateful for everyday.Heart

I've switch to most things "natural".

However hair ... I just can not go through that again! 

My onco and surgeon are OK with everything thus far.  Check with yours please.

HTH