Valued Contributor

Re: How Would You Treat This?

I would use Bare Minerals Blemish therapy rescue stick. I am 46 and get a pimple once in awhile and put this on and it dries it up. I would say would you have is normal, probably from stress.
Honored Contributor

@monicakm .................I believe it is adult acne.  It is normal unless you get a massive breakout.  They will go away in a few days on their own.  Do not mess with them.  Scarring from acne can be severe.

The stress you are going through now does not help either.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

@Citrine1 If it is as bad as stated -she needs an expert to evaluate.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Honored Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

@Citrine1 If it is as bad as stated -she needs an expert to evaluate.

Adult acne is also associated with Hashimoto Thyroidism...

Good luck getting a Derm.....I have been trying for a long time....the lead time for appointments is 3-6 months.    By that time, the darn thing is gone.

Many told me they were not taking new patients.

When I finally had an appointment, my face was clear...no 'tumors' as I call them.

All I got out of her was use warm compresses, leave it alone and deal with it.

Harumpf!   Thanks a lot!

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@monicakm 

What about that GTE? Are you still using it?

I noticed a small red bump, not a pimple, but just a slightly raised, pink spot on my upper cheek yesterday morning. The only thing different in my routine is the GTE.

I think there was another poster, can't remember who,  said she had a breakout from the GTE also.

@SilleeMee @monicakm It wasn't me who posted about a breakout but I did have one.  I haven't had a pimple in many many years.  I was using the GTE. I just sent it back to Amazon.   I used Kate Sommerville's Eridikate which took care of my breakout in 3 days. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pecky wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@monicakm 

I noticed a small red bump, not a pimple, but just a slightly raised, pink spot on my upper cheek yesterday morning. The only thing different in my routine is the GTE.

I think there was another poster, can't remember who,  said she had a breakout from the GTE also.

@SilleeMee @monicakm It wasn't me who posted about a breakout but I did have one.  I haven't had a pimple in many many years.  I was using the GTE. I just sent it back to Amazon.   I used Kate Sommerville's Eridikate which took care of my breakout in 3 days. 

@Pecky 

Are you also using a RLT mask with the GTE applied under it? That's what I was doing and my breakout was located exactly where the mask presses against my upper cheek bone...idk but that's just what happened and it went away the day after it appeared. It was just that one breakout so I'm still using the GTE but only half of the time under the mask.

Why did you return that GTE? Just curious.

Trusted Contributor

My daughter came to KC for a visit a couple years ago and showed me what she thought was a boil on her back. I agreed it probably was however I'd never had one. We treated it like you would a boil with OTC medication to draw it out. I wouldn't let her go back home without seeing a doctor. Turned out it was MRSA. They gave her antibiotics and it went away. It did come back one more time but she got an antibiotic and it went away. 

Respected Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@jobiz 

Well, one, I don't have a dermatologist.  I just watch them on YT Smiley Happy  And two, jabbing a needle in this thing isn't an option unless, of course, there was a reason to think it might be something serious.

18,256 Scared Emoji Illustrations & Clip Art - iStock

I didn't have a derm either until I realized that I did when I was in my teens and 20s, and it's certainly time at this stage to get one.   My husband and I are going in Oct when we get back from NY.   He's getting a full body scan and I'm just getting a review from my neck up at this point.   Think about going to a derm.  Things change.  Let them chart what we have and watch for any changes (as we should as well).   It's good preventative maintenance.   

Respected Contributor

That Mighty Patch sure sounds like another good product to just have on hand.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Pecky wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@monicakm 

@Pecky 

Are you also using a RLT mask with the GTE applied under it? That's what I was doing and my breakout was located exactly where the mask presses against my upper cheek bone...idk but that's just what happened and it went away the day after it appeared. It was just that one breakout so I'm still using the GTE but only half of the time under the mask.

Why did you return that GTE? Just curious.

@SilleeMee I don't have the RLT mask but do have the lip profector and have used the GTE under it.  Where I got the pimple was not near where the lip profector hits it. I sent it back because it made my face feel greasy and tacky and I only used a very small amount.  Getting the pimple just confirmed that I didn't like it.