Respected Contributor

Re: How Would You Treat This?

@RollTide2008 wrote:
Staph is usually accompanied by other symptoms of infection like a fever.

@RollTide2008 I have had MRSA twice and each time I had no other symptoms than a swallen bump. 

Esteemed Contributor

@FranandZoe wrote:

Clinique Acne Solutions Clinical Clearing Gel - it's a miracle product.  
I had a pimple (I'm 70) that I couldn't get rid of for months - tried a lot of different products.  I bought this stuff and applied it three times over the course of one day - gone the next day never to return.  It's good just to have on hand.  Expensive at $30 but well worth it.

This product treats all kinds of acne even cystic.

It is 22.00 on Amazon for 1 oz

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@BalletBabe wrote:

@FranandZoe wrote:

I had a pimple (I'm 70) that I couldn't get rid of for months - tried a lot of different products.  I bought this stuff and applied it three times over the course of one day - gone the next day never to return.  It's good just to have on hand.  Expensive at $30 but well worth it.

You have to be careful buying beauty products from Amazon - many are counterfeit.  For the extra $8 I wouldn't  risk it.  Go to Clinique.com or a dept store like macys or macys.com.
And Clinique.com has 1/2 oz for $20 - good way to try it.

Respected Contributor

With everything you've been dealing with @monicakm sounds like it's a little stress-related "gift."  Might be a cyst so don't mess with it.  Warm compresses, don't pick at it, it'll go away.  Give it a week unless it gets larger or feels warm.  My two cents.  Hang in there.  (((Hugs)))

Honored Contributor

I occasionally get those hard under the skin cyst like bumps and they are the worst. They hurt as the stretch the skin and get inflamed.  I once got one between my eyes and it was pretty embarrassing with that thing front and center. The only thing I've found to help is a sulphur based drying lotion like Mario Badescu. We always have a bottle in the house. 

Esteemed Contributor

@FranandZoe wrote:

@BalletBabe wrote:

@FranandZoe wrote:

You have to be careful buying beauty products from Amazon - many are counterfeit.  For the extra $8 I wouldn't  risk it.  Go to Clinique.com or a dept store like macys or macys.com.

@FranandZoe   How can they legally sell counterfeit?

Respected Contributor

@BalletBabe wrote:

@FranandZoe wrote:

@BalletBabe wrote:

@FranandZoe wrote:

@FranandZoe   How can they legally sell counterfeit?

No idea but they do.  Google it.

Trusted Contributor

@monicakm  Every once in awhile I will feel a pimple forming under the skin (usually on my chin). I will use a very warm compress and apply a stridex pad just to that one area and then leave it alone...no other products. I would say that it's usually gone by the next morning, although, I might have to repeat the process again. It goes away within a day or two. I would feel silly going to a derm, unless, of course, it persisted.

Honored Contributor

@monicakm 

Bourbon.  It will relax you and you won't stress about it. 🤪

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Esteemed Contributor

@BalletBabe wrote:

Any of you hear of Mighty Patch?  These work on any blemish.  They are amazing.  If you see a white spot put them on it at night and by morning they are gone.  You will see all the stuff on the patch that came out.  Gross but they work.  I get mine at Amazon. 

• 🏆 The Original Award-Winning Acne Patch: Mighty Patch is a hydrocolloid sticker that improves the look of pimples overnight without the popping. Just stick it on, get some sleep, and wake up with clearer-looking skin.
  • ⏱️ Results in 6-8 Hours: Absorbs pimple gunk thanks to our medical-grade hydrocolloid. Clinically tested, drug-free, and safe for all skin types.
  • 🛌 All-Night Adhesion: Strong enough to stay on through a whole night of tossing, turning, and pillow-squishing. Easy to remove in the AM without redness or irritation.
  • ✨ Blends Seamlessly into Skin: The thin sticker with a translucent matte finish keeps your pimple under wraps day or night. You might just forget you’re even wearing it.
  • 🕊️ Peace-Of-Mind Design: Our hydrocolloid patches are UV sterilized, and allergy tested. Each box comes with 36 medium dots (12 millimeters) on easy-peel perforated sheets.

@BalletBabe , DD swears by these.