Honored Contributor

How To Look Good on Video Calls for Zoom - FaceTime - Skype

[ Edited ]

Now that I'm working from home, I participate in 1 or 2 video conferences each week and found this video helpful.  Angie from Hot & Flashy gives tips on lighting, camera placement, etc.  This is not a makeup tutorial.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACNGhPKnmok

Esteemed Contributor

Re: How To Look Good on Video Calls for Zoom - FaceTime - Skype

Ha! I need this! I am scary looking on our virtual meeting program. And, of course, i am not dressing up as much as i did when i went into the office (and i was already very casual).

Honored Contributor

I participated in a Zoom meeting last night to prep for a on line class reunion from my elementary and junior high schools

For the reunion Sat night I need to wear makeup and style my hair

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Esteemed Contributor

Thanks, @San Antonio Gal for this practical advice! I needed it! We've zoomed already at my college, and I see more of this in my future.

Valued Contributor

I have Zoom meetings every day most of the day, and at a certain point even the executives started to cut way back on their appearances.  People are wearing hoodies, zip fleeces, polos, or T shirts (respectable looking no trash).  All I put on are my eyebrows and IT CC Cream for makeup.  If I washed my hair that day, or not, it is up in the top knot hairdo usually reserved for the college kids.  We discuss who showered for the day as well, little kiddos are popping in on meetings as are the cats and dogs. Smiley Happy  It is putting everyone on sort of an even keel, from having connectivity issues, remembering to Unmute your microphone and all sorts of other technical details.