Honored Contributor

How To Get Rid of a Patch of Chinny Chin Chin Hairs!

Just to the right of my chin and just under the jaw bone, I have a small patch of hair that is driving me crazy!  They tend to cause slight bumps and it's hard to pull them and it usually results in damage to the skin around the hair.  They're back in 24 hours (sigh).  Without lazering, what are my options?  It's about 4 hairs.

Thanks

Respected Contributor

Re: How To Get Rid of a Patch of Chinny Chin Chin Hairs!

@monicakm try electrolysis, although it is  not permanent it may work over a period of time before it comes back

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

If you like a natural approach to skincare, there are several detailed tutorials about making turmeric masks on Youtube. It appears to be a healthy alternative, and one of them explains how it doesn't cause your skin to yellow. I discovered it while searching about the health benefits of turmeric. I get a few chin hairs, but just swipe quickly with a Venus disposable razor, and follow with a dab of alcohol. No bumps, no discomfort. If I had more than I do, I would definitely give the masks a try. 

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Valued Contributor

Electrolysis is permanent, but will probably take more than one treatment.  Search for an Electrologist in your area. As we grow older we all fight this problem. Tweezers can be your best friend. 

Valued Contributor

I use Flawless Finishing touch which is a small battery operated rotary type shaver. Easy 1-2-3. Drugstores sell it.

Respected Contributor

Pluck them with a pair of tweezers.

Wax them.

Use an epilator.

Electrolysis at a salon

Use an electric razor

Use a non-electric razor

It really depends on how often you want to so it, how much time/money you want to spend, and how much pain your want to deal with.

I use a razor or a pair of tweezers because they're both fast, easy, and cheap. Using tweezers gets longer-lasting results and using a razor is a littl faster.

Honored Contributor

I have the same issue and just keep plucking every day.   Mine started out very course, but are not as thick or course now.

Honored Contributor

I bought a home IPL-RF device which permanently removed all of my body hair. Years ago I had most of it professionally removed with a laser but new hairs appeared so that's why I got that IPL device. IPL (intense pulse light) is not a laser but it absolutely will permanently remove hair. RF (radiofrequency) is part of the device I used which also removes hair when combined with IPL and it works on all hair and skin colors. Multiple treatments are needed to achieve complete hair removal. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee wrote:

I bought a home IPL-RF device which permanently removed all of my body hair. Years ago I had most of it professionally removed with a laser but new hairs appeared so that's why I got that IPL device. IPL (intense pulse light) is not a laser but it absolutely will permanently remove hair. RF (radiofrequency) is part of the device I used which also removes hair when combined with IPL and it works on all hair and skin colors. Multiple treatments are needed to achieve complete hair removal. 

What brand and model did you find effective, @SilleeMee ? I've read reviews about varying luck with different brands and models.

Honored Contributor

@Alison Wonderland wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

What brand and model did you find effective, @SilleeMee ? I've read reviews about varying luck with different brands and models.

@Alison Wonderland 

I bought the me Chic. That one is suppose to have a limited number of flashes with it. No replacement cartridge and when it stops flashing then you toss the whole thing away. Your hair will be gone before the end of it's life...mine still flashes and I only use it when I get a newly sprouted hair somewhere. Treated hairs do not regrow. 

me Sleek is their other model which has a lifetime bulb but it also costs twice as much as the me Chic. Both models use IPL combined with RF and that's what makes it different from some of the others.