Honored Contributor

How To De Germ Makeup and Brushes-Do You?

Honored Contributor

Re: How To De Germ Makeup and Brushes-Do You?

@ECBGwrote:

https://www.liveabout.com/how-to-clean-and-de-germ-your-makeup-and-accessories-2270116?utm_campaign=...

I don't do half of this!  OH My!

Whast do you do?

@ECBG  I do spray my mu brushes that I use w/ cream products each time I use them...regular washing every week. Sharpen pencils not often enough, but clean inside of makeup bag w/ cotton pad and brush spray. I try not to put fingers in jars or on tops of bottles....purchase pkgs. of wooden coffee stir sticks to dip in instead. That’s about as far as I go....,🤗

Honored Contributor

A few times a year, I give all of my brushes a good cleaning and let them air dry.  In between, I will just lightly rinse them off or wipe them off with a Kleenex. 

They're only used by me.  Not worried about germs. Just want to clean off the build up of products. 

Honored Contributor

If used daily, I wash them weekly with baby shampoo & water until the water in the glass runs clear. Then I take a towel, squeeze out the excess water and allow to air dry on their sides. I’ve never had a problem with breakouts on my face or other problems.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

@Shanus,I don't do a thing to those little foam applicators in my eyeshadow!  

Ya know, you could probably mix your favorite martini and keep it in an atomizer in your makeup bag.  Spray the lipstick and your mouth as well!  LOL!!!

Image result for face of a drunk woman

Honored Contributor

@ECBGwrote:

@Shanus,I don't do a thing to those little foam applicators in my eyeshadow!  

Ya know, you could probably mix your favorite martini and keep it in an atomizer in your makeup bag.  Spray the lipstick and your mouth as well!  LOL!!!

Image result for face of a drunk woman

@ECBG  I think you just may be on to something! 🤗

Honored Contributor

EVERCLEAR 180 Proof Grain Alcohol...the best cosmetic disinfectant. The only thing better imo is organic grain alcohol but it is extremely hard to find and it's mighty expensive. I use the EVERCLEAR to disinfect my dermaroller and I also dilute it to make a disinfecting spray (50/50 mixture with water).

Respected Contributor

I'm awful...I rarely even wash my brushes, let alone "sanitize" them! At 63, I've never had any issues from it. Nobody but me is ever even in my bathroom, let alone using my brushes, so ALL the germs in there are mine, LOL!

Respected Contributor

I wash my makeup brushes once a week with Purity.....easy and fast. 

Honored Contributor

When I wore makeup daily I washed my makeup brushes every other week. Since I am not working right now and only wearing makeup twice a week, once a month seems sufficient. I pour rubbing alcohol on the bristles of my brushes. Then I use hand soap or clarifying shampoo, rinse, use a towel to absorb excess water, and air dry. I also wipe off my bottles, tubes, etc. and clean my makeup organizer with disinfecting wipes. I do not do any of the other things mentioned in the article.