Valued Contributor

How To Contour Like A Pro. Triangle of Light for eyes too! Step by step.

"A lot of videos show how to contour but the great thing about this video is that Kandee Johnson breaks it down for people with different face shapes. Not everybody is going to have the same needs, so she helps you figure out which shape is going to be right for you."

http://youtu.be/5uSG7KT9zlE

kandee talks a bit in the beginning but don't tune out, she slows down right before getting down to business.

if you don't copy and paste links, you can google How To Contour Like A Contouring Artist and it should pop right up.

"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?" Hillel
Super Contributor

Re: How To Contour Like A Pro. Triangle of Light for eyes too! Step by step.

Thanks, great video but boy she uses a lot of product. Went to the Cover Fx website and they do much less which looks good as they both do. I suppose she used a lot for demonstration purposes. Picked up some good contouring tips from both.??
Honored Contributor

On 2/24/2015 allthatsgood said: Thanks, great video but boy she uses a lot of product. Went to the Cover Fx website and they do much less which looks good as they both do. I suppose she used a lot for demonstration purposes. Picked up some good contouring tips from both.??

Keep in mind that she used the contour colors in place of foundation. She had gaps between the contour spots where you could see her skin before she blended it all out to cover her whole face. When makeup artists use the creams all over a clean face and blend out all over, they don't use a foundation.

The CoverFX makeup artist says he applied foundation all over the model's face and then he puts the contour on top of that. He probably used more product than she did because he's used two layers to her one.

Honored Contributor

On 2/24/2015 ChynnaBlue said:
On 2/24/2015 allthatsgood said: Thanks, great video but boy she uses a lot of product. Went to the Cover Fx website and they do much less which looks good as they both do. I suppose she used a lot for demonstration purposes. Picked up some good contouring tips from both.??

Keep in mind that she used the contour colors in place of foundation. She had gaps between the contour spots where you could see her skin before she blended it all out to cover her whole face. When makeup artists use the creams all over a clean face and blend out all over, they don't use a foundation.

The CoverFX makeup artist says he applied foundation all over the model's face and then he puts the contour on top of that. He probably used more product than she did because he's used two layers to her one.

In the first comment below the video, she said she forgot to tell viewers that she put her foundation on first and then did the contouring and highlighting over the foundation.

Honored Contributor

When would someone wear that much makeup? I understand maybe for a photo shoot but wow...can't imagine walking out in the light of day like that.

Trusted Contributor

Am I crazy, or does she look just like Lisa R?

Valued Contributor

On 2/24/2015 sidsmom said:

When would someone wear that much makeup? I understand maybe for a photo shoot but wow...can't imagine walking out in the light of day like that.

i take it that you're not in or around los angeles? this is how we roll.

"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?" Hillel
Valued Contributor

On 2/24/2015 GrailSeeker said:

you know, she does. i hadn't noticed until you pointed it out.

Super Contributor

On 2/24/2015 GrailSeeker said:

I thought that the first time I saw this vid. Both such pretty women. :-)

Super Contributor

On 2/25/2015 evelomaddict said:
On 2/24/2015 sidsmom said:

i take it that you're not in or around los angeles? this is how we roll. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Typical for a day at the beach, right? :-)